Job description / Role
The Leadership Coach will work closely with the Vice-Dean for Training and all the Departmental Managers reporting into him.; the Manager for Community Services, the Vice-Dean for Trainee Affairs and the Follow-up Manager. The incumbent will also support the leadership and management development of Administrative Line Managers. He will co-coach the Vice-Dean Quality alongside the Quality Coach.
• Schedule regular 1:1 meetings with all direct coaching reports to monitor progress against the development plans and any key performance indicators
• Support the leadership and management development of Administrative Managers
• Attend all board meetings and contribute to all senior decision making discussion forums
• Oversee the assessment of the Vice Deans and other Academic Managers on content knowledge, teaching ability, technical knowledge, "will" (dedication to the job), and the associated personalised coaching and training plans
• Use psychometric and other tests to determine leaders' behaviours and update Leadership Development Plans with the outcomes of these tests
• Develop individual Leadership Development Plans on a Yearly basis and monitor performance against them
• Implement the Leadership and Management Competency Framework, alongside the coach for Human Resources
• Support and direct the assessment of staff content knowledge, work ethics, and effectiveness in fulfilling the responsibilities of their position
• Support and deliver the training of staff on subject knowledge for services they provide, leadership, management, technical skills, time management, and any other relevant areas indicated by the coach;
• Assess the progress of staff against key performance indicators on a Semester basis; and share findings
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
• Undergraduate degree in appropriate discipline
• Masters level study essential
• PhD study is highly desirable
• Membership of management or leadership professional bodies is desirable
• Knowledge and Experience
• Extensive Leadership and management background within an educational setting, ideally in the FE or HE sector
• Extensive experience across college operations, specifically related to quality assurance, teaching and learning and/or student services/experiences
In return, you will receive
• A total package of over £70,000 Tax Free
• Private Health Care
• Mobilization costs
Please apply online.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results