Job description / Role
The Leadership Coach will work closely with the Vice-Dean for Training and all the Departmental Managers reporting into him.; the Manager for Community Services, the Vice-Dean for Trainee Affairs and the Follow-up Manager. The incumbent will also support the leadership and management development of Administrative Line Managers. He will co-coach the Vice-Dean Quality alongside the Quality Coach.
The Executive Coach is the senior member of the coaching team reporting directly into the provider Head. This is a senior management position.
• Schedule regular 1:1 meetings with all direct coaching reports to monitor progress against the development plans and any key performance indicators
• Support the leadership and management development of Administrative Managers
• Attend all board meetings and contribute to all senior decision making discussion forums
• Oversee the assessment of the Vice Deans and other Academic Managers on content knowledge, teaching ability, technical knowledge, "will" (dedication to the job), and the associated personalised coaching and training plans
• Use psychometric and other tests to determine leaders' behaviours and update Leadership Development Plans with the outcomes of these tests
• Develop individual Leadership Development Plans on a Yearly basis and monitor performance against them
• Implement the Leadership and Management Competency Framework, alongside the coach for Human Resources
• Support and direct the assessment of staff content knowledge, work ethics, and effectiveness in fulfilling the responsibilities of their position
• Support and deliver the training of staff on subject knowledge for services they provide, leadership, management, technical skills, time management, and any other relevant areas indicated by the coach;
• Assess the progress of staff against key performance indicators on a Semester basis; and share findings
• Develop learning communities within the academic function of the college that promotes the sharing of best practice
• Identify staff members who are not progressing or not showing willingness to change
• Work closely with the senior management team to develop and deliver the strategic objectives of the CBC project with specific leadership responsibilities for leadership and
• Work collaboratively with other coaches in the college to further the improvement agenda
• Promote and advance an agenda of leadership and administrative excellence
• Evaluates the implementation and impact of professional development and training, for continuous college improvement
• Support the review and evaluation of administration, leadership and management in conjunction with other senior managers
• Accepts other duties as assigned by the Provider Head or Line Manager
Knowledge Skills & Experience
• Undergraduate degree in appropriate discipline
• Masters level study essential
• PhD study is highly desirable
• Membership of management or leadership professional bodies is desirable
Knowledge & Experience
• Extensive Leadership and management background within an educational setting, ideally in the FE or HE sector
• Extensive experience across college operations, specifically related to quality assurance, teaching and learning and/or student services/experiences
• Exemplary team work ethics, excellent communication skills and the confidence to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organisation.
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Superior negotiation skills
• Superior Leadership skills
• Can apply knowledge about leadership and management in the vocational/tertiary education environment to develop and implement best practice that support achievement and collaboration.
• Recognized by peers as a manager/leader
• Knowledgeable about professional development models, powerful professional development designs, and multiple forms of coaching.
Additional Project Requirements
• Must be able to read and write an acceptable level of English (IELTS Level 6 or equivalent).
• Arabic speakers are highly sought after
• Ability to work under pressure on a variety of competing projects whilst delivering to agreed deadlines
In return you will receive a salary of £40,000 - £47,000 + Benefits. Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results