Job description / Role
As a member of the Talent, Culture and Engagement CoE, the individual acts as a regional L&D Subject Matter Expert and TCE Client manager, providing support to sustain a continuous learning environment for the employees to foster career advancement through facilitated discussions, training needs analysis, L&D solution recommendations, development of learning materials, workshop facilitation, training events implementation, and feedback consolidation. This roles services to design and implement learning and global initiatives, with equal importance. This role also acts as Regional D&I lead partnering with Global D&I manager to identify regional D&I opportunities and design targeted programs, policies and practices to foster an inclusive culture. The individual also works closely with global and regional CoE and HR teams to ensure consistent Talent Management and Global D&I principles and practices fit regional situations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Training Needs Analysis
• Work with HR Partners to conduct interviews with staff and managers to assess training needs, discuss extended career-pathing opportunities from learning
• Research and recommend blended 70-20-10 learning approaches that fit the region, leveraging various learning resources and channels
• Communicate with regional / global appointed vendors regarding learning needs and modifications required that fit country / clients’ situations
• For specific technical learning needs, coordinate with HR Partner and global APU manager and other College leads / contacts to provide support and guidance on curriculum design and learning path suggestions
• Facilitate workshops by needs approved from manager, including organizing in-house and off-site activities, such as SFP / MFP / EMP (global leadership development programs) and other mini workshops in person or virtually. Some programs may require co-facilitation with other HR members or client group managers.
• Design in-house training that fits country needs on request, leveraging global and other regional resources, ensure design aligns with global principles, enrich courses with visual aids to engage trainees. Topics relate to local needs such as Soft Skills, Learning approach suggestions, Career development etc.
• Support other local business leaders and HR Partners in workshop facilitation to meet the development needs of teams and business, including but not limited to train the trainer, review content and provide onsite feedback.
Talent, Culture and Engagement Client Manager
• Act as a liaison between global TCE team and country to understand and consolidate country TCE needs / feedback and updates from client groups, share with TCE team regularly. The scope covers but not limited from talent management (performance management, talent review, organization development, succession planning), cultural integration, employee engagement, learning and capability development and diversity and inclusion.
• Ensure consistency of global practices and implementation while reflecting necessary country situations and needs.
• Communicate and roll out key initiatives under Talent Life Cycles from TCE to the country HR team and leaders, answer relevant questions, escalate to managers on local issues and needs.
• Serve as a member of the regional Talent, Culture and Engagement team
• Act as a regional contact person for external vendors to communicate local training needs from HR organized learning events
Regional Diversity & Inclusion Lead
• Act as a regional lead for D&I activities working closely with the Global D&I Manager and other D&I regional leads to ensure that inclusion approach is relevant in region
• Work with regional business leaders, employees, talent acquisition and regional HR team to identify regional D&I challenges and ensure programs address those gaps
• Develop and lead regional D&I programs, initiatives and processes to foster inclusive culture where all employees feel that they “belong and matter”, ensuring aligning with the global D&I principle
• Provide leadership and guidance to Employee Resource Groups in region
• Measure success of D&I initiatives in the region
• Able to analyze and design learning solutions based on clients needs
• Excellent presentation, facilitation, communication skills
• Reliable problem-solving skills with strong project management skills
• Ability to discuss and present to senior leaders assertively
• Attention to details with an ability to multi-task and good understanding of multi-cultural environment
• Good knowledge of conventional and modern learning techniques
• Proficient in MS Office; working knowledge and experience of any Learning Management Systems (LMS) is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BA/BS degree in Education, Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology or relevant field
• Previous experience as a training facilitator, experience of HR Partner / Generalist is a plus with total 8-10 years of working experience
• Proven experience in broader spectrum of talent management such as performance management, succession planning, organizational development & talent development
• Good knowledge of and passion for Diversity & Inclusion and creating inclusive culture
• Familiar with Talent Management methods and career path knowledge is a plus
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.