Learning & Development Manager
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
As a leader within our corporate Talent & Culture team, ensure that continued learning is supported, prioritized, and executed. Reporting to Director Learning & Development MEAT.
A significant proportion of this role will be delivery and facilitation of leadership and pre-opening learning content, requiring travel within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In addition, there will also be a portion of content refresh / design and translation required. The incumbent is expected to have experience with coaching, have worked with LMS/LXP platforms and have proven skills in facilitation both face-to-face and virtually.
Contributing to strategic planning and annual learning offer for the Accor Academy team, the incumbent will identify learning content through partnering with hotel operations and key business leaders using these findings and business needs to drive a culture of learning.
The individual will work closely with both corporate and hotel leadership teams along with Talent & Culture teams to analyse, co-design and / or deliver solutions to both drive performance and build capability. Inspiring, collaborating and growing our incredible hotel-based Learning & Development community is also part of this role. The individual will also be responsible for the provision of content that can be delivered by property-based L&D Managers.
Bachelors or master's degree in HR Development, Education, Organisational Development, Coaching or a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. Experience within hospitality advantageous.
Experience, Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Significant progressive work-related experience in managing and direct the development and delivery of learning or organization development programs in a multi-unit organization.
- Broad understanding of people strategy, including the drivers of organization effectiveness and the links to talent management & learning
- Demonstrated the following.
- Experience in the use of learning analytics to drive strategic insight and support effective decision making.
- Effective verbal and written communication skill including strong facilitation skills and ability to communicate information to groups in a clear and concise manner.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills including ability to coach and deliver feedback in a constructive manner to remote teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Consulting skills for the purpose of advising L&D teams, vendors, and consultants.
- Project management expertise in organising, planning, and executing large-scale project from conception through to implementation.
- Proficiency in designing and delivering effective learning programs to multi-cultural, multi-level audiences.
- In-depth knowledge of learning design principles and practices, and adult learning theory
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and creative.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability of influencing senior stakeholders
- Prepared to travel regularly within the region.
- Open minded and willing to share ideas and learning with peers.
- Demonstrates drive and determination to achieve results in an organized manner, with strong attention for detail.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
- Language: Arabic speaker
Experience: Hospitality Background preferred
- Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse cultures.
If you meet the qualifications and are excited about the opportunity in Learning and Development in the KSA region, we invite you to submit your application for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
Why work for Accor?
At Accor we believe that learning is a way of life. Our world-class learning organisation, known as 'Accor Academy' forms part of an eco-system of regional learning hubs across the globe. We are learning experts that partner with the business to ensure that Heartists everywhere have access to continuous learning and development opportunities that both drive performance and build capability. We provide a variety of learning solutions, leadership development and pre-opening support to hotels and business units across the Middle East, Africa and Turkey hub, our valued and talented colleagues who place the heart at the centre of everything they do.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS\"
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.