Job description / Role
Responsible for assisting the Department to achieve department objectives with regards to Leasing and Company goals in a timely efficient manner
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
• Keep accurate records, review information, consolidate reports and take action where necessary
• Act as coordinator of the myriad spreadsheets and databases held by the REMs and work closely with the Group Change Manager (Systems and Process Imp Manager) to move towards streamlining the flow and use of this information
• Carry out general admin support for Real Estate Managers in their day to day work in particular assist in areas relating to local knowledge to enable the REMs to operate effectively which may include driving and errand running, photocopying, scanning, filing etc
• Bring-forward date system, project handovers / refurbishments - preparation and recording of handover packs / instructions
• Provide general assistance in all areas of Estate Management of the Retail Portfolio relating to the control, audit and documentation of contractual rent escalation performance and budgeting, lease renewals or extensions, Service charges (common area charge). Communicate with Line Manager any variances, or improvements to be made to current department practices
• Gain a thorough understanding and knowledge of our landlord base and oversee a single, one-stop point of documentation or record to enable the whole department to evaluate and access and ensure a regular interface is maintained between Alshaya and each of its Landlords
• Work closely with Leasing Administration and the Oracle system to achieve the above and act as the interface between Leasing Admin and the REMs Develop relationships both internal and external to achieve objectives within timescales
• Work with the Office Manager to explore ways to solve the departments filing system problems with particular emphasis on finding space and for developing a filing system in its entirety
• Provide a thoroughly efficient service to internal clients and minimise risk and losses to the business. Communicate relevant information to external parties whilst presenting the Company in a professional manner
• Act as central point for research and information gathering for a variety of projects across the markets (where necessary)
• Act as interface with Dubai office in the assembly of periodical and other ad hoc reports from the office of the SVP, Property
• Degree (in any business subject) or equivalent desirable
• Languages - Fluent Arabic and English written and spoken with preference for both in interpretation
• Minimum 1 year office-related work within a Real Estate environment and at least 5 years any other business environment
• Basic lease and office management
• Excellent geographical knowledge of the Country
• Excellent organisation, communication, and IT skills
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.