Job description / Role
The job holder of this position is responsible for supporting the Senior Legal manager and the Legal Department through the provision of legal advice.
- Follow all relevant Group policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Implement activities under minimal supervision
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner Preparation of Legal Documents and Contracts:
- Prepare a wide variety of legal documents under the Chief Legal Officer's supervision
- Develop and/or review drafts of contracts and agreements Research, Analysis and Consultation:
- Conduct legal and factual research and data analysis as directed
- Provide legal analysis of contractual and regulatory issues Legal Advisor Legal Counseling Contract Drafting Intellectual Property Management Benchmarking & Analysis Contractual Agreement Auditing Contract Management
- Convey legal advice and follow-up information to manager, in consultation with attorneys or external lawyers, regarding the legal implications, risks, and liabilities of proposed and actual policies, practices, and contractual situations
- Negotiate specific contractual issues and agreements with external entities as appropriate
- Participate in meeting and conferences pertaining to resolution of contracting issues
- Participate in the review of new legislation requiring contractual compliance, and implements systems required to attain compliance
- Develop contracts to achieve compliance, negotiating legal issues as appropriate Routine Administrative Tasks:
- Establish, maintain, process, and/or oversee files, correspondence, databases, records, certificates, and/or other documents
- Liaise with government officials, business divisions, external law offices, brand principles, JV companies and management on various legal issues
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned Intellectual Property:
- Provide support in intellectual property protection and commercial proceedings
- Liaise with trade mark agents for registering various trademarks
- Prepare and negotiate licenses and other contracts for protection of IP assets
- Liaise in regard to patent, trademark, copyright, antitrust, trade secret, right of publicity, and unfair competition issues with external law officers
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
- University Degree in Law or any related field
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.