Job description / Role
Our client is a Leading integrated workplace solutions providers in KSA. They are currently looking to recruit a Legal & Compliance Manager & Board Secretary to be based in Riyadh
Report to: CEO / Board of Directors
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensuring that the procedure for Directors’ appointment is properly carried out and according to rules and regulations set by CMA, the Saudi Corporate Companies Law and the Articles of Association.
• Assisting in the proper induction of Directors, including assessing their specific training needs relative to the statutory and regulatory requirements. maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
• Providing comprehensive practical support and guidance to Directors in their individual capacities in addition to guiding all of them collectively.
• Ensuring that all information flows is based on clarity and transparency.
• Anticipating all legislative, regulatory developments and advising the Board on their potential implications. Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
• Conduct or direct internal investigations of compliance issues.
• Develop regulatory risk management strategy.
• Review the Company’s governance framework
• File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory bodies.
• Review and modify policies and procedures to comply with any regulatory changes.
• Verify that all regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
• Consult with Company’s lawyers as and when necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues.
• Following-up and ensuring that Board’s meetings are held within the time limits specified.
• Organizing and administering Board meetings
• Communicating, where appropriate, outcome of Board deliberations throughout the Company.
• Assist in the compilation of board papers and to filter them to ensure compliance with good Corporate Governance.
• Maintaining all Board related documents and reports (i.e. minutes of meetings, reports on conflict of interest, etc).
• Maintaining the register of shareholders and monitoring changes in share ownership of the company
• Organizing, preparing agendas for and taking minutes of board meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs);
• Paying dividends and managing share option schemes; taking a role in share issues, mergers and takeovers
• Act as the Secretary of all Board’s Committees:
• Prepare all meetings agendas.
• Prepare all the documents relating to the agenda items and circulating those documents before the meeting.
• Verifying the quorum of the meetings.
• Drafting the minutes of meetings and all committees’ recommendations and resolutions.
• Follow-up on the actions, resolutions and recommendations as defined in the minutes.
• Submitting all committees’ reports and recommendations to the Board of Directors.
SAR 30,000 to 35,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Qualifications & Experience
• Certified Professional Degree in Compliance.
• Degree level education, preferably in law or Business Administration.
• Minimum of 7 year’s relevant working experience in a similar role.
• Previous experience in a company secretary role in regulatory environment.
• Work Experience in Saudi Arabia
• A good understanding of the legal and governance statutory framework
• Detailed level technical level knowledge in relation to corporate governance and company secretariat requirements
• Understanding the company’s business thoroughly
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering