Job description / Role
• The Contracts Manager is responsible for overall contracts management of the Company main Management, Operation and Maintenance Contract signed between company and the Partners as well as the main subcontracts of the entity.
• The Contracts Manager ensures the efficient implementation, compliance, and profitable completion of the company.
• The Contracts Manager will be supporting the operational Projects Team in all contractual issues and relied upon to deliver timely, accurate and reliable contract management actions and advice, in a practical, commercially focused and ethical way, minimising risk, resolving issues and maximising the opportunity for company to achieve its goals and safeguarding its interests.
• This new performance-oriented position reports hierarchy to the CFO of the company and functionally to the of Veolia Arabia Legal director, and will be based full-time in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
• Contract administration of MOMC scope within contractual/legal requirements and internal policies.
• Smooth implementation, compliance and profitable completion of the MOMC
• Support, advise and alert the Company CFO and the Project Team in all contractual issues, rights and obligations.
• Manage and administrate the main subcontracts with direct and indirect impact on Company performance and support the Company team in subcontract management.
• Operational input/support to O&M team on all CM-related aspects including and not limited to the Deliverables, the KPIs, the contractual reports.
• Identify Company’s and other parties’ contractual obligations; set up and run tracking system
• Ensure that all contractual obligations are understood by all concerned project team
• Work very closely with the operational team and the O&M and Performance Manager to identify contractual risks of breach of contract and any event of default and alert and advise the CFO .
• Build the cases of any deviations from the MOMC by Client
• Conduct regular contractual reviews to identify and appropriately manage claim-risks and opportunities.
• Issue and present the contractual analysis related to each situation along with the mitigation measures to preserves Company’s rights.
• Track and claim the Performance Fee incentive payments and challenge the Performance Deductions by using all the mitigating and special circumstances.
• Write all contractual notifications (letters, notices, claims…) accurately and on time in both languages (Arabic and English) to preserve Company rights under the MOMC and the Saudi law.
• Identify and assess the risks of liquidated damages, and opportunities for improving techno-commercial performance.
• Participate and collaborate in any potential variation approach to adjust and/or to vary the contract.
• Implement project correspondence system and protocols; assist with document control
• Manage all the contractual documents and correspondences related to Company.
• Set up & maintain database of contractual documentation, review and file related correspondence.
• Preparation of project reports relating to contractual aspects, including monthly progress reports.
• Collection of data throughout the contract which could be required for future claims.
• Maintain good and effective working relations with Client, partners, staff, and O&M at all levels.
• Ensure a safe workplace for all colleagues and subcontractors, and adhere to safety rules
• Deal effectively with project timeframes and priorities, communicating with stakeholders
• Uphold contractual, ethical, legal and statutory compliance in the fulfillment of responsibilities
About the Company
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Corporate Legal Counsel