Job description / Role
As a large, sophisticated professional services organization, everything we do comes down to having the right people with the right skills in the right place. As n Paralegal/Junior Legal Counsel, you'll support us in making it happen. The legal function of this large Professional Services Organization is dedicated to the provision of world class in-house legal services to the organization's service lines and regions.
In your role as a Legal Counsel , you will report to the MENA General Counsel and support the organization's member firms in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. The MENA region includes Saudi Arabia (KSA), UAE, Egypt, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine. You'll be part of the region's legal team and is expected to provide services to the business across the region. This role will be based in Riyadh, KSA .
While this is a role for a generalist Legal Counsel / Lawyer / Legal Advisor, contractual negotiation experience with domestic and international clients is a critical requirement .
Your key responsibilities
- Deliver and assist in delivering legal advice and assistance in all practice areas of MENA.
- Draft and participate in commercial contracts negotiations with clients and service providers and elevate legal risks to management.
- Support business transactions as required.
- Act as a trusted advisor and develop relationships with all relevant business stakeholders and teams.
- Support legal function Network Teams and promote teamwork & cross-support working between the organization's lawyers within MENA and globally.
- Advise, draft and negotiate various legal related aspects of client matters including contracts, master service agreements and tenders.
- Assist in reviewing, amending and implementing changes to policies, procedures and standard documentation according to legal developments.
Skills and attributes for success
- Unquestionably strong ethics, integrity and adherence to strict confidentiality.
- Pragmatic approach to work along with strong business acumen.
- Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude to work.
- High level of self-confidence and energy.
- High level of intellectual agility, initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and patience.
To qualify you must:
- Have between 7-15 years of post-qualification legal experience, preferably with a multi-national corporation or an international law firm with at least a significant portion of such experience occurring in the Middle East.
- Be a lawyer qualified to practice law in KSA.
- Have the ability to evaluate and negotiate procurement related contracts.
- Possess excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective planning and organizing skills to prioritize key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects.
- The ability to keep calm in a crisis and to cope well with conflicting deadlines.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong team player who is both committed and flexible.
Ideally, you will also have
- People management and development experience.
- Attention to detail in all aspects.
- Experience within the professional services industry.
- Well-developed commercial awareness with an outcome orientated approach and the ability to apply legal principles pragmatically.
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What working for EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer:
- Exposure to some of the greatest colleagues and clients in the industry
- Support, feedback and coaching in a culture that values operational excellence
- Career potential to grow both within the MENA region and globally
- A culture that will encourage you to grow your skills and strengths for your own betterment as well as that or EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.