Legal Director - Projects
Job description / Role
As Legal Director you will provide contractual and legal advice on all phases of the large scale giga-development include the preparation and review of all types of commercial contracts, coordinating corporate projects (including public-private partnership (PPP) arrangements), finance, DBOM, construction, engineering, long term management agreements.
One of Saudi Arabia's leading development projects
* Draft, review, and advise on various forms of memorandums of understanding, joint-venture agreements, service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, mobility and logistics agreements, sale and purchase agreements, consultancy agreements, licensing agreements, novation agreements, call off agreements, cooperation agreements, facilities management agreements, supply agreements, guarantees, amendment agreements, assignment agreements and other types of commercial agreements.
* Advise on legal issues arising from projects in regard to scheduling, coordinating and interfacing between the company and appointed contractors.
* Provide support to all divisions of the legal, PPP project teams, Operations teams, and commercial/procurement departments during all phases of corporate projects.
* Provide day-to-day legal advice and support on commercial and legal risk in order to identify, contain and manage exposure and risk to the client company.
* Liaising and collaborating effectively with various internal departments and providing day-to-day guidance and interpretation on legal, compliance, commercial and business risks whilst maintaining a proactive and pragmatic approach to delivering the objectives of the Project.
* Developing and delivering training for employees on contracts and compliance topics.
* Instructing and managing external counsel engaged on contentious and non-contentious matters.
* Competitive, tax -free salary
* Opportunity to be a part of Legal leadership team in major development project
* Clear path for growth within the organization.
* Must be a qualified solicitor in a Commonwealth jurisdiction.
* Must have between 8-12 years post-qualification experience working for a well-regarded in-house company and/or private practice law firm in the Middle East, and ideally, experience of working in KSA (but not essential)
* The candidate must have an extensive background in corporate projects and related matters and in all forms of commercial contracts and ancillary agreements including PPPs, having extensively advised upon, negotiated, drafted, and reviewed corporate projects documentation and, ideally, be conversant with relevant Sharia law principles, KSA regulations and policies.
* Experience with both legal and commercial aspects of large-scale utility PPP projects in KSA.
* Operational experience of working inside a resort developer/operator and establishing legal processes to manage risk within mobility, logistics and other hospitality operations.
* Must have significant experience with large scale development, finance and construction projects.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.