Job description / Role
SSA Group is working with a Property Management company based in Saudi Arabia that is searching for a Saudi National Legal professional to join the organisation in a Legal Director role.
The purpose of the position is to plan, direct and lead the development and implementation of strategies, policies, and procedures related to the legal function to ensure the mitigation and elimination of any legal exposure while enforcing adherence to all laws and regulations, as well as providing legal advice to the management, thus contributing to the overall profitability of the organisation.
• Contribute to the development of the Company’ legal strategy by providing input and plans in line with the overall business objectives and ensure that functional strategies are developed and implemented in ways that will directly support the achievement of Company vision, mission and corporate objectives.
• Ensure that the legal strategy is translated into operational business plans and monitor the performance of execution in order to achieve Company’ objectives.
• Direct the overall function’s daily operations by providing assistance and mentorship for employees, enabling teamwork, aligning objectives and coordinating within legal function employees to improve work output, in order to achieve high-performance standards, and meet established targets.
• Lead and direct the provision of legal advice and recommendations to aid the CEO, the senior management team of Company and its subsidiaries with the decision-making process in order to protect the legal interests of GROUP against any legal liability.
• Direct the management of various litigation and dispute settlement activities and legal negotiations in order to ensure that Company’s rights and interests are protected.
• Lead the process of selection and management of external consultants, agencies and service providers as necessary to support in the implementation of the legal strategy.
• Review and manage Company’s rights vis-à-vis third parties, JVs, and business partners to ensure the organisation’s interests are adequately protected and direct the initiation of litigation or court process as necessary.
• Represent and defend Company in front of judicial administration and governmental authorities in litigation matters and acquiring registrations to comply with government requirements.
• Lead awareness sessions to Company employees on the role of the legal function and the implemented legal rules and processes. Ensure compliance with defined standards and legislative requirements by all process owners.
• Organise the registration and the renewal of all Company, memorandum of association, to ensure seamless operations of all entities within Company.
• Oversee the appointment of external legal advisers who may be retained for specific expertise.
• Review and adjust Company’ contracts and memorandums to assess legal risk and prevent legal liabilities form developing against Company while ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
• Provide legal assistance to the Project Management function by reviewing tender documents, to ensure that the terms and condition are aligned with Company legal requirements and comply with the Saudi laws and regulations.
• Ensure a robust investigation process is in place to identify and address any malpractice, misconduct, and fraudulent activity.
• Review legal cases submitted by business function heads and relevant stakeholders by assessing legal implications to provide reports highlighting main observations and recommendations to act accordingly.
• Provide legal advice as needed to ensure effective and timely reporting of incidents to minimise legal exposure and when necessary reach amicable settlements at the management’s discretion in line with applicable laws and regulations.
• Prepare financial plans and budget for the legal function and monitor actual expenditure against the approved budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenue and unsatisfactory performance areas are identified and rectified promptly.
• Contribute to the preparation Company annual budget by defining the legal expenses across all Company’ lines of business and its subsidiaries through regular collaboration and coordination with key stakeholders.
Policies, Systems, Processes, Procedures, Standards and Reports
• Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within legal, compliance and procurement areas related to all relevant regulatory directives to ensure a safe and risk- free environment.
• Ensure that all relevant periodic and ad-hoc reports are prepared timely and accurately, and meet the division’s requirements, policies and standards.
• Represent the function and actively contribute to various committees/meetings (internal and external) to ensure relevant matters are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
• Stimulate and motivate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of Legal function systems, processes and practice.
• Lead the management of change through a fundamental re-assessment of current Legal practices taking into account leading international practices and changes in the business environment in order to create step- change differences in the efficiency and effectiveness of new approaches.
Safety, Quality & Environment
• Ensure compliance to relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the function in order to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law
• LLM or Master’s in Business or International Law (preferred)
• Licensed professional
• Eight to ten years of experience in similar role
• English and Arabic: Advanced
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.