This position is closed or expired.
See other Admin jobs
• Perform original descriptive and subject cataloging for various library materials such as monographs in a variety of languages and subject fields.
• Conduct complex searching and researching in English and Arabic language to establish appropriate form of main entries, added entries and place names; assign main entries and subject headings; determine edition statements, imprints, collations and series notes.
• Apply conventions of the OCLC and BIS online cataloging systems involved in the tagging and subfield coding of the fixed and variable fields and searching protocols. Catalog materials in categories of advanced specialized backgrounds; assign cutter numbers.
• Correct cataloging errors and resolve difficult conflicts involving appropriate entries; provide assistance to other catalogers in resolving difficult cataloging problems in specialty areas of language and subject competence.
• Serve on various library committees and provide recommendations for the improvement and streamlining of library services.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work requires training and education sufficient to provide a general understanding of library systems and operations and the ability to communicate, analyze and synthesize data and provide creative and workable solutions to problems normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree program.
About the Company
Dar Al-Hekma College is the pioneering project of the Al-Ilm Foundation, which was established in 1999 with the objective of providing state of the art higher educational facilities and services through academic institutions such as colleges and universities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Dar Al-Hekma College is a premier non-profit institution of higher education for women in Saudi Arabia and a leading model of teaching and learning institution, nationally and internationally. The medium of instruction for all degree programs is English language.
Dar Al-Hekma College currently offers four year bachelor’s degree programs in six majors with up to 142 credit hours and a liberal arts component comprising of a variety of general education courses. The academic programs at the College were developed by the Texas International Education Consortium (TIEC), Austin, Texas as part of the larger contract to design the complete blue print for the various divisions of the College.
Located in the cosmopolitan city of Jeddah, on the shores of the Red Sea, the College has been built and equipped to the highest international standards and designed to provide the best teaching and educational resources and facilities for its students, faculty and staff.