Job description / Role
START DATE: October 2020
PACKAGE: Competitive salary and leave offered, housing, flight allowance and full medical insurance
12 MONTH RENEWABLE CONTRACT
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Principal duties are to ensure the safety of family, children and guests in a private facility with very large deep pools and water features, including waterfalls and fountains
• The Safety Officer/Lifeguard will monitor the water quality, general pool maintenance and operation and report problems, damage and hazards to the Safety Supervisor for remedial action.
• Regular inspections of all safety equipment, lifesaving appliances and first aid equipment forms part of the Safety Officer/Lifeguard’s routine responsibilities
• In addition, the Safety Officer/Lifeguard will inspect all the water features daily and take responsibility for feeding and monitoring the health of fish and other aquatic life
• The Safety Officer/Lifeguard will operate in a team to provide 24-hour cover in 8-hour shifts, so the ability to generate clear and concise handover notes for colleagues forms an essential part of the role
• When the family is not in residence, the Safety Officer/Lifeguard will take on a greater role within the Safety Section of the Technical Department, to ensure the monitoring and maintenance of all safety-related equipment throughout the estate
• Also acts as an assistant to the Senior Technicians and provides support to Hill Robinson Estates on-site personnel with respect to maintenance issues and overseeing all operations by external contractors with respect to first aid and firefighting equipment, paying particular attention to quality of work and applicable Health & Safety Legislation
• Carry out routine inspections of the swimming pools and water features to ensure all safety-related equipment is in a good state of repair and complies with manufacturers and legislative servicing schedules
• Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency
• Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services
• Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of customer service
• Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility
• Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Responsible for the availability and safekeeping of emergency equipment (rescue tubes, backboard, signs and other equipment)
• Inspects facilities for cleanliness; completes general pool cleaning and maintenance duties.
• Determines chlorine content and pH value of water, using water testing kit, and record readings
• Monitor Weather and Conditions
• The Safety Officer/Lifeguard may also be required to contribute to maintenance and upkeep activities in and around the pool or other swimming areas so that visitors can enjoy a safe and clean environment.
• This can include cleaning up walkways around a pool, adding chemicals according to safety guidelines, and regularly cleaning pool water and surfaces
• In the role of Safety Officer, the Safety Officer/Lifeguard will urgently respond to alarms and emergency call-outs and support the Safety Supervisor in coordinating the required remedial action, which may include firefighting, administering first aid or organizing evacuation of personnel
• Support the Safety Supervisor and the Technical Department with the production of operational documents including risk assessments, emergency response plans, standard operating procedures, checklists and forms
• Comply with the Company's Health and Safety Policy and recognized good working practices. Ensure that all personnel working in an area under your jurisdiction are fully trained, equipped and compliant
• Assist the management and other Hill Robinson Estates personnel in such other matters as may be reasonably required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Formal training, certification (ILS Lifeguard Certificate, or equivalent) and proven experience in the application of life-guarding surveillance and rescue techniques
• The Safety Officer/Lifeguard must hold a recognized advanced first aid qualification and complete a minimum fitness requirement
• Full driving licence
• The Safety Officer/Lifeguard must have documented experience overseeing young children
• Knowledge of swimming pool sanitation and chlorination systems is essential
• Secondary skills and abilities in Health & Safety for use during the off-season are highly desired
• Experience with overseeing a maintenance team - able to oversee construction works and manage engineering maintenance projects by in-house personnel or external contractors.
• Excellent skills in observation, reporting, assessment of problems and proposals for remedial action are fundamental to this position.
• Competence with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential
Non Smoker and no visible Tattoos
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please read the full job description very carefully and ensure you meet all the criteria listed before applying. If your application meets all the criteria shall the Crew Specialist managing the position be in touch further via email/phone.
About the Company
Hill Robinson is the leading independent yacht management company offering unparalleled services to international clientele worldwide to assist in running yachts safely and efficiently. Our highly qualified and versatile multi-lingual team is available 24/7 to provide the essential support that makes the whole yachting experience a success.
From being one of the industry’s first ever dedicated yacht management companies, our expertise and range of services has constantly grown. Starting with setting up an offshore ownership structure for your new yacht our service offer is complete all the way through to paying the crew through our Guernsey Employment Company.