Job description / Role
Lead and oversee the operations of Planning & Resolution, Shipping & Cross Border, Delivery & Assembly, Fleet Management, and Hub Operations departments and units in all regions in line with the organisation’s strategic objectives.
• Develop Logistics directorate strategy in line with the organisation’s business strategy and translate it into effective medium and short-term plans and executive plans.
• Monitor Logistics directorate performance against pre-set performance goals to ensure that progress is being made in the desirable direction and preventive/corrective actions are taken accordingly.
• Lead and direct Logistics directorate policies and procedures, performance indicators, and overall quality of Logistics operations, and provide recommendations for improvements to senior management.
• Enhance working relationships with the relevant external stakeholders to form strategic partnerships, and motivate internal stakeholders, and manage change to achieve the required competencies.
• Direct and oversee the development of Logistics departments’ policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all Logistics directorate staff operate in accordance with operating procedures and policies.
• Provide direction on the implementation of initiatives associated with Logistics departments and oversight on all internal Logistics directorate strategic initiatives.
• Ensure that all Logistics departments have the capacity required to meet business demands and operate in accordance with organisation’s standard operating policies and procedures.
• Set targets for Logistics departments and ensure they are met.
• Collect relevant operational and business performance data and provide timely reports to COO regarding all Logistics departments’ activities and performance.
• Oversee and ensure Logistics departments’ compliance with applicable environmental, health, safety, and other regulatory rules and regulations.
• Support and add expertise to business development opportunities to achieve organisational objectives.
• Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of Logistics directorate operations.
• Direct and oversee the Logistics directorate budget and forecasted expenditures, and monitor financial performance in coordination with the Finance.
• Liaise with others in the business to monitor requirements and to ensure quality of service.
• Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Logistics directorate activities.
• Evaluate subordinates’ performance and provide them with timely feedback, develop a positive work environment and encourage teamwork.
Experience & Qualification Requirements:
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience within Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing, with at least 3 years in a similar position.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field.
• Certified Professional Supply Management (CPSM) or similar qualifications is an added advantage.
• Excellent command of the English language, Arabic is an advantage.
About the Company
Human Capital House was set up in the year 2013 with a vision to be a progressive talent acquisition partner for organizations within the local and regional market in the Middle East.
As international markets get ever demanding, corporations globally are presented with the challenges of attracting the right talent. Human capital retention and recruitment remain a critical factor to the success of any company. Strategic decision to recruit the right talent is a key issue to organization as wrong candidate selection can potentially be disastrous to their efficiency.
The critical aspect of choosing the right individual with the apt experience and knowledge becomes more crucial as he/she would need to share the ambitions of the employer, while fitting in to the new culture. Human Capital House has both the experience and expertise to help its clients make the right choice of selection. From understanding client requirements, through identifying and assessing the candidates, our systematic approach strives to ensure successful executive recruitment.
Supply Logistics Manager (12 Month Contract)
General Manager - Freight
Middle East Executive
Warehouse Operations Manager
Human Capital House