Job description / Role
Logistics Director - NEOM
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Logistics Director ?to join a major project in NEOM, Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Develop (and be the custodian) of the Project Construction Logistics and Security Strategy (CLSS).
* Prepare logistics documentation for the Contractors Procurement Process.
* Review Contractor's Tender submissions, to assess their proposed logistics support plan and proposed logistics team.
* Develop/review the Site Permits forms to control the cars entry/parking, personnel & visitors access the site and control the compliance of the contractors/consultants with the same.
* Lead the regular logistic meetings with the stakeholders.
* Plan the geographical laydown available for Contractors to utilize for project specific operations; including the deconfliction of onsite space and time management.
* Assist Contractors in developing detailed resource plans for their specific package; if required.
* Liaise with the others to ensure a holistic logistic approach across the site.
* Oversee all logistics operations across the Project scope, including resolution of any logistics issues between contractors.
* Supervision of the Contractor's logistics operations.
* Develop, coordinate and manage the schedule of logistics meetings.
* Ensure that logistics activities are not a constraining factor on operational delivery.
* Ensure that logistics activities do not have an adverse impact on the local community, surrounding environment and other Projects in the area; including liaison with local community and other DGDA Projects.
* Assist the Contractors with the development of their respective Construction Logistics Plans (CLPs).
* Maintain trackers / data for resource usage across the Project.
* Review Contractors CLPs and logistics procedures and processes.
* Assist the Contractor with the evaluation of potential logistics suppliers, if required.
* Develop and routinely review a lesson learnt process across all Project logistics operation, to ensure continuous improvement and best practice across the Project.
* Analyse and review logistics data to ensure the best possible support is provided to construction activity.
* Develop and coordinate a logistics audit and inspection programme across all contractors.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* 25+ Construction Logistics Experience
* Qualified to Degree Level
* Demonstrable relevant experience in a PMC environment in Saudi Arabia or wider region
* Affiliated with relevant professional body
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.