Job description / Role
The Logistics Director is responsible for all aspects of logistics management, including supply chain, materials sourcing and handling strategy / implementation, traffic planning and management, pioneering and establishment of remote site work locations and optimization of site logistics solutions to meet the needs of the project.
The Logistics Director will plan and oversee pre-shipment of incoming goods and equipment via shipping, airfreight and land transport, movement of people, goods and equipment at the construction site and control site facilities management.
Liaise with contractor’s logistics managers
• Manage in material and equipment logistics, storage, protection and inventory control.
• Pre-shipment inspection and co-ordination
• Liaise with freight forwarding and shipping companies
• Transport to and from shipments
• Liaise with customs and importation authorities
• Plan site set-up to move labour, plant, and materials around site efficiently
• Plan internal and external logistics routes through the project phases focusing on separation of vehicles, machinery and people. Lay down areas and offloading points.
• Cranage plan and strategy.
• All traffic management internally and externally
• Coordinate with others installing site accommodation
• Pioneering works – access roads (or upgrades), pioneer / remote location offices, temporary establishment planning and implementation
• Create logistics operational procedures and method statements
• Create a schedule of logistics meetings and ensure logistics is represented at site meetings.
• produce daily, weekly and long-term movements plans
• Plan the Control of materials in and out of site.
• Manage Inventory control and harmonized coding
• Produce method statements, risk assessments ensure lifting plans are produced.
• Safeguard vulnerable road users from traffic and transport created by the site
• Prepare transport plans and obtain approvals for hazardous goods storage and transport
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Prefer Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
• 18 years experience
About the Company
Zuhair Fayez Partnership is one of the leading and most established Architectural, Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management and Engineering Information System Consultancy Firms in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with over 40 years of professional experience in the local, regional, and international market since its inception in 1975.
The current organizational structure comprises the following main divisions: Technical Services, Buildings Design, Municipal Projects, Transportation Design, Construction Management and Site Supervision Services.
Zuhair Fayez Partnership has firmly established itself as a pioneer in the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) Technology throughout the design process, Sustainability study, construction managements (through 4D & 5D simulation), and Facilities Management as well.
Supply Chain Manager
Middle East Executive
Head of Contract Logistics - Logistics Giant
|Saudi Arabia||9 Oct|
Head of Global Logistics
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Procurement & Logistics Manager
|Saudi Arabia||14 Dec|