Machine Learning Engineer
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco.ai division is Saudi Aramco's center of excellence for AI technologies and data science. Aramco.ai is responsible for providing AI-powered solutions to various business functions within Saudi Aramco. The solutions leverage the latest technological advancements of Artificial Intelligence to create business values across Aramco's value chain.
The primary role of a Machine Learning Engineer is to work closely with Aramco's business functions, stakeholders and functional teams to build, evaluate and deploy AI digital products. I addition, you will give consultations on AI use case productionalization assessments, contribute to model deployment blueprints, and formulate and conceptualize AI solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities to solve business problem by leveraging AI and Aramco's data assets
- Analyze data from various internal and external data sources to drive value supporting the strategic objectives of the business.
- Use MLOps concepts and tools to monitor, optimize, improve and deploy AI-enabled solutions.
- Develop pipelines for CI/CD of AI digital products
- Develop backend services and APIs to interface with machine learning models.
- Develop custom machine learning models and algorithms as needed and appropriate to address problems at hand.
- Develop A/B testing mechanisms and test model quality and value, and validate hypothesis accordingly.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to deploy digital products and monitor outcomes.
- Develop necessary documentation as per established standards.
- A Bachelor's degree (Master's or PhD is preferable) in Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Vision, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics or a related field from a recognized program.
- At least 5 years of experience in building, deploying and monitoring AI digital products and solutions.
- Strong knowledge of at least one from: Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision or Time Series Modelling
- Familiarity with agile development and ideally a certified SCRUM master.
- Ability to demonstrate experience developing ideas from concept to product.
- Strong knowledge of using MLOps tools (e.g. MLflow, kubeflow, weights and biases, tensor board), data version control systems and CI/CD practices.
- Familiarity with ETL pipelines, data flow, handling industrial plant data and using data pipeline tools such as airflow, Kafka.
- Proficiency with visualization tools incl. matplotlib, bokeh, plot.ly/3D, etc.
- Fluent in Python, SQL and established machine learning libraries such as Keras, TensorFlow, Pytorch, Caffe.
- Ability to package and deploy digital solutions using openshift, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Able to communicate machine learning concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Deploying model on edge devices (e.g. Nvidia Jetson) is a plus
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.