Machinist Technician / Mechanical Repairman
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking for Machinist Technician with hands on experience to work in Mechanical Services Shops Department/ Juyamah Shops Division. The Maintenance Machinist candidate must have hands-on experience in all types of rotating equipment diagnosing repair, overhauling, troubleshooting, disassembly, reassembly, testing & diagnoses and equipment modification such as instrument air compressor, gas compressors, steam turbine, single & multi-stage pumps and gear box.
MSSD has state-of-the-art workshops and facilities that are driven by our most valuable asset, which is the department's skilled and experienced workforce. Its primary responsibility is to maintain Saudi Aramco's rotating and stationary equipment. The department plays a vital role in the company as it provides support to all field organizations by maintaining and repairing corporate equipment. Once qualified for the position you will be at the heart of one of the most advanced energy companies around the globe.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Troubleshoot rotating equipment through necessary diagnostic tests, measurements and analysis by disassembling / reassembly test of equipment and determine steps of repair.
- Apply applicable standard on the repair and installation of all types of rotating equipment in the field. I.E. foundation work, line-up, gear box, coupling and speed control settings, then test runs for acceptance.
- Perform different balancing types of equipment parts.
- Troubleshoot and repair all kinds of hydraulic, electric (mechanical side), and pneumatic valve actuators.
- Ability to use all types of measuring instructions such as micrometers and dial indicators and other Inspection tools.
- Train junior machinists as required.
- Recognized apprenticeship / vocational Maintenance Machinist program with a minimum of Eleven years' hands on experience in Machinist field as stipulated above under position description.
- Candidate must have the following field experience requirements:
- Ability to have computer soft skills such as: Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Capability to performing equipment manual and laser alignment.
- Candidate must have good communication skills in English speaking, reading and writing.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.