Job description / Role
Work with our team of Chefs creating world class dining experiences for our guests. This is your opportunity to work in a Kitchen committed to preparing and serving the finest meals.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of consistency in delivering food product quality, competitive food costs and ensuring the Food & Beverage direction aligns with the hotels vision and the brand vision for F&B
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- Open line of dialogue and communication with executive chef and executive sous chef
- Department scheduling, per business forecast and productivity in the payroll management system and T&A
- Controlling departmental inventory in conjunctions with food stores
- Monitoring & controlling departmental productivity daily, clearing exceptions
- Maintaining the departmental standards as determined by the executive chef
- Developing new menu Items to ensure the offering is current and on top of international trends
- Source new products to ensure we are recognized as a food & beverage destination while training the culinary team on cutting edge techniques
- Ensuring that the kitchen work area is clean, organized and that the equipment is functional
- All malfunctioning equipment is reported to the direct supervisor or manager as a way to reduce work related accidents
- Maintaining a good liaison with food and beverage outlets and communicating any concerns, comments or suggestions
- Creating all new food production requirements for the kitchen department
- Daily ordering of all food production requirements for the department in birchstreet
- Promoting teamwork between the kitchen and all other departments, especially food and beverage service employees
- Responsible for the kitchen operation in the absence of the executive chef and executive sous chef
- Responsible for ensuring every employee is working effectively and efficiently as well as improving employee morale and employee relations
- To act as a team leader and take the responsibility for the development of staff, teaching and explanation of new recipes and procedures
- Adheres to menu engineering program
- Employee performance reviews and career counseling and coaching
- Conduct departmental meetings
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program
- Adhere to and follow ALLSAFE health and safety protocols, ensure all colleagues are trained and held accountable for the set standard
- Place work orders for items needing repair
Your experience and skills include:
- 8-10 Years cooking experience including high end high volume luxury hotel
- Minimum 10 years combined Pastry, Baking experience with extensive time spend in all areas of Pastry and the Bake shop
- Must be able to create Chocolate & Sugar Show Pieces
- Must possess a Red Seal Certificate (Journeyperson's papers) or recognized international equivalent
- Has knowledge of how to work with Sugar, Chocolate, Marzipan, Wedding Cakes, and all Bakery aspects .
- Has worked with laminated dough; Danish Dough, Croissant Dough, Puff Pastry, able to form Danish and croissants
- Has the ability to understand Food Cost, and Labor Cost
- Must possess a high level of creativity and high quality standards.
- Very strong leader, communicator and trainer.
- HACCAP knowledge
Your team and working environment:
Banyan Tree will operate and expand the Ashar luxury camp, embracing the region's Arabian heritage to blend in seamlessly with the Ashar Valley's striking natural scenery and stand in the heart of AlUla's planned "living museum" experience.
Situated near AlUla's signature mirrored Maraya Concert Venue, the camp recently hosted guests of the annual Winter At
Tantora cultural festival, elevating visitors' experiences by connecting them with AlUla'snature, art, and ancestry.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.