Job description / Role
Work with our team of Chefs creating world class dining experiences for our guests. You will lead your team in preparing and presenting a broad array of cakes, pastries, desserts, cakes, petits fours which meet customer expectations. Promotes the work culture and the company's core values.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Executive Pastry Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times
- Attend daily morning meetings with respective unit's the Executive Chef regarding menus and other operational/administrational issues
- Attend meetings as required in the Operational Manual and to up-date the Executive Chef/ and/or Executive Sous Chef, as required.
- Hold a daily and monthly meeting with the Pastry / Bakery staff and report to Executive Chef (or designates)
- Establish culinary standards specific to banquets which meet the needs of the target market.
- Ensure that culinary standards comply with Company and Hotel Policies and Procedures and Minimum Standards.
- Write specific and accurate product specifications and standard recipes for use in the computer and by the Cost Control Manager.
- Use, wherever possible, locally and seasonally available products in menus and "specials".
- Inspect daily, all fresh food received to ensure the quality is maintained.
- Write and update the relevant section of Departmental Operations Manual.
- Liaise with the (or designates) from the stewarding department to ensure that the high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the Pastry / Bakery such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridge's, to ensure a sufficient supply of china, etc for the service and banqueting is available.
- Plan rosters on a 1-week basis and to review on a daily basis with Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef, overtime, rosters and holiday requirements and absenteeism. Accidents and sickness to be written in the Log Book according to Company and Hotel Procedures and reported to the respective unit's Executive Chef /Executive Sous Chef on a daily basis.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the respective unit's Sous Chefs (or designates), then update the Executive Chef and to follow up and ensure the necessary work has been carried out.
- Instruct on the correct usage of Kitchen equipment and machinery and to check that this is carried out in the correct manner by all Kitchen employees as set out by the Health & Safety regulations and to correct the usage if necessary.
- Complete material checklist e.g. mise-en-place within own department for all sections.
- Check daily each section in own department in order to ensure work has been carried out in the proper manner.
- Check daily function sheets within Main Board.
- Maintain and/or submit to the chef's office all hotel records and forms as prescribed by local hotel management and policies.
- Assist the Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef in interviewing and recruiting colleagues for Pastry / Bakery
- Plan and implement effective skills training programmes
- Maximize employee productivity and morale and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- Hold a daily training session and keep records about it.
- Develop standard recipes which allow the restaurants and the banquet department to operate at an acceptable food cost.
- Maximize colleagues' productivity in order to minimize payroll costs.
- Monitor Pastry / Bakery operating costs and take corrective action when necessary in order to reduce expenses.
- Monitor and analyze the menus and product of competitive banqueting operations.
- Develop menus, buffets (where applicable) and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- The above description is not to be regarded as thorough, neither a complete or comprehensive duties, as other tasks and responsibilities of a generally similar nature may be added on a temporary nor permanent basis whenever appropriate.
Your experience and skills include:
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- High school and culinary school training.
- Knowledge of French pastries, Viennese and American pastries, pull sugar, cake decorating and show pieces.
- Strong leadership, training and organizational skills
- 10 years of food/pastry experience.
- HACCAP knowledge
Your team and working environment:
Banyan Tree will operate and expand the Ashar luxury camp, embracing the region's Arabian heritage to blend in seamlessly with the Ashar Valley's striking natural scenery and stand in the heart of AlUla's planned "living museum" experience.
Situated near AlUla's signature mirrored Maraya Concert Venue, the camp recently hosted guests of the annual Winter At
Tantora cultural festival, elevating visitors' experiences by connecting them with AlUla'snature, art, and ancestry.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.