Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
The Network System Programmer is responsible for the following:
- Administration of the z/OS mainframe network on all System Z footprints encompassing production, test and DR environments for z/OS sysplex configurations ensuring full network resilience and redundancy.
- Providing technical support to Help Desk operators and working with other teams both within the mainframe environment as well as Distributed Systems/Mid-Range environments and other enterprise network teams.
- Providing on-the-job training and skills transfer to network co-workers with a willingness to share, coach and mentor.
- Assisting in development of other network connections such as LAN and WAN.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with all the Mainframe Team disciplines as well as Distributed System Teams working closely for support of hardware, OS, Automation, Networks, Database, Security, Performance, Storage, CICS and MQ as well as the Technical Manager.
- Liaising, discussing and agreeing issues and initiatives with the Technical Manager and work closely with technical colleagues in the mainframe network team.
- Maintaining an up-to-date Network layout as well as Standards and Procedural Documentation with regular reviews of documentation and work instructions, providing presentation discussions and consultancy. Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Providing 24x7x365 after hours on-call support to ensure the network is available 24/7 meeting aggressive service level agreements with client.
- Providing weekly and monthly status reports on projects and tasks as well as having the ability to learn and support new Network components, following the latest developments and trends in the IT sphere regarding network technologies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 10+ years mainframe network support skills.
- Possess a specialist knowledge of VTAM and TCP/IP system programming activities, including product installation, customization, deployment, software tools integration, exploitation, and performance analysis activities.
- Ability to install, customize, tune, maintain and upgrade mainframe network related products including z/OS VTAM, Communication Server components including TCPIP, FTP and VIPA as well as NETVIEW, OSA, JES328X, IP Printway, NVAS, CA Netmaster, CL Supersession and PCOMM/T3270E.
- Good z/OS System Programming understanding with proven skills with JCL, REXX, CLIST, SMP/E, ISPF, Unix System Services, zFS, Network related SMF activities, JES2 and SDSF.
- Experienced in network related protocols and components such as TELNET, FTP, SFTP, CTCs, NJE, XMIT, SSH, OSA, TRLs, OSA Consoles, Hipersockets, OSPF, SMTP, VTAM Enterprise Extender, APPN & MPC, NTP and routing.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Strong knowledge in performance, problem determination and diagnosis using tracing.
- Ability to provide necessary technical information (dump, trace, etc.) to the support groups of vendors obtaining support for product related problems.
- Familiarity with IBM APAR/PTF processes and PMR/Case system.
- Familiar with network security using RACF and furthermore knowledge of encrypted networks is a plus.
- Good understanding of hardware configuration and administration of CISCO servers, NTP hardware, Brocade FICON Directors as well as Data Center fiber patching, FTS panels, fiber types and configurations as well as performing physical network connectivity problem determination. Provide support for network connectivity to mainframe and mainframe peripheral devices such as disk, physical and virtual tape
About Business Unit:
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life at IBM:
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM:
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.