Job description / Role
The Maintenance Control Coordinator performs administrative duties using computer, and other associated equipment within maintenance control. Assigns aircraft to the daily flight schedule. Releases aircraft ?Safe for Flight? in accordance with the OPNAV 4790.2B series. Monitors maintenance schedules for accuracy and completion.
• Be familiar with duties assigned to all personnel within the Maintenance Control Work Center. Process Visual Information Display System/Maintenance Action Forms (VIDS/MAF) from aircrew or maintenance technicians in accordance with OPNAVINST 4790.2 Series, Navy, and Company Instructions.
• Screen completed VIDS/MAFs for correct entries and data. Maintain Aircraft Discrepancy Book (ADB) in accordance with OPNAVINST 4790.2 Series.
• When qualified and assigned by the Maintenance Control Supervisor, assist in scheduling aircraft into the maintenance program to ensure maximum availability of assets, become designated to release all TMS aircraft Safe for Flight.
• Coordinate the daily flight schedule and configuration requirements with duty and applicable work centers.
• Coordinate and screen Daily/Turnaround and special inspections as well as component and hi-time requirements to ensure aircraft are current for the flight schedule.
• Assist in coordinating aircraft moves and static display requirements.
• Liaison with base personnel for other requirements to include but not limited to fuel, hush house, corrosion hangar etc.
• Will be required to work in conjunction with the down desk supervisor to accomplish all tasks at hand.
• During detachments may be required to coordinate maintenance tasks, to accomplish the flight schedule.
• Perform all other required duties as applicable and assigned by supervision.
• Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
• Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Shall possess an extensive background in the field of aircraft maintenance and material support.
• Minimum of eight years experience within the last 15 years in direct aircraft maintenance repair, inspection, and modification.
• Of the eight years experience in aircraft maintenance, six years shall be in a maintenance control position that includes responsibility for assigning workloads as well as duties for entire shifts.
• Must have experience coordinating daily flight operations personnel supporting scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
• Recent experience with F-18 (A-F), EA-18G, E-2C, MH-60S or F-16A&B aircraft strongly preferred.
• Must be knowledgeable of technical directives, NAMP programs, and shall be knowledgeable of and understand basic supply procedures. Maintenance Coordinator shall have experience writing with clarity and technical accuracy, and exhibit leadership and ensure adherence to all applicable policies and procedures.
• Possess a high degree of expertise in the control and coordination of aircraft maintenance.
• Thorough working knowledge of applicable maintenance/technical manuals and publications.
• Thorough working knowledge of aircraft maintenance records.
• Working understanding of the aircraft and aircraft systems.
• Ability to schedule and track aircraft maintenance including inspections, preservations, oil sampling and engine washes and rinses.
• Ability to operate two-way communication equipment and speak in a clear and concise manner.
• Must be customer oriented.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
• This classification activity is usually accomplished in a hangar/shop/flight line environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with these activities.
• May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
• The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature; wind, rain, snow, ice, etc.
• May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
• May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Employee may be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
• May be required to perform off-site service on assigned detachments.
• Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
• Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
• Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.