Job description / Role
- Performs engineering work requiring a broad knowledge in the specific disciplines as applied to corrective techniques to optimize equipment reliability and/or minimize maintenance costs.
- Interfaces with other technical and engineering groups for assistance in areas beyond experience or capability.
- Develops plans/procedures for preventive/predictive maintenance on operating equipment, including Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE) of vessels, piping, PSV's and equipment to improve reliability and reduce costs.
- Installs or assists in the application of these procedures and interpretation of results. Monitors equipment performance and condition, and makes necessary changes to plans/procedures to improve reliability of equipment.
- Provides cost estimating, methods of repair and engineering proposals on routine replacement and repair of equipment, for correction of maintenance problems and improvements to processing equipment.
- Supervise the installation of such improvements. Manages overall project, including contractors and contracts.
- Provides technical support to Production and Maintenance organizations throughout the plant, including technical oversight of the plant's welding shop. Uses originality and judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, adoption and modification via Codes, maintenance techniques, procedures and criteria in devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Provides training to Production, Maintenance and other organizations in the proper use and care of equipment. Develops the necessary training materials as required. Coordinates craft skills training.
- Reviews all proposed engineering and construction projects and is a participant in the Plant's Management of Change Program contributing to design changes to improve the reliability of equipment, to minimize maintenance efforts in making repairs and to ascertain that adequate spares are provided.
- Manages the overall records management requirements for Fixed Equipment, including paper files, SAP and miscellaneous computer programs.
- Keeps current on technology and equipment and evaluates same for use in plant facilities.
- Implements new technology as associated with process equipment and maintenance tools.
- Provides technical expertise in the area of equipment upgrading and maintenance emphasizing the cost effective selection, application and installation.
- Coordinates and schedules maintenance shutdown activities, utilizing maintenance supervisors and planners as resources.
- Assures that quality standards are met and Standards, Guidelines and Protocols are adhered to.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Maintenance Engineering Unit Supervisor.
- Technical Data Management
- Maintenance Methods and Equipment
- SAP Maintenance Application Knowledge
- Maintenance Resources Management
- Safety Measures and Standards
- Refinery Product Planning
- Product Development
- Inspection, Testing and Reporting
- Technical Standards and Regulations
- Quality Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
About the Company
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company Ltd., a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and China Petrochemical Corporation ( Sinopec). A world-class, full-conversion refinery that covers about 5.2 million square meters in the Yanbu Industrial City, and is considered to be a key anchor project for the future of Yanbu. YASREF will use 400,000 barrels per day (bpd) of Arabian heavy crude oil to produce premium transportation fuels, as well as high-value refined products for both international and domestic markets. It is scheduled to be operational in Q3 2014.
YASREF signifies the impressive downstream portfolio added to Saudi Aramco, yet building and cementing on the strategic partnership with Sinopec - Saudi Aramco's largest crude oil partner and buyer - Both companies bring commercial and technical expertise to the joint venture to enhance trade of transportation fuels between a significant energy producer and its consumer. In addition, YASREF represents a continuing step forward in the strategies of Saudi Aramco and Sinopec to drive growth further downstream to capture additional value along the hydrocarbon chain.
YASREF was registered in January 2012 with the single purpose to establish, operate, and manage a full conversion-refining complex. YASREF possesses the location advantage to effectively and efficiently supply both international and domestic markets. The products include 90,000 bpd of gasoline, 263,000 bpd of ultra-low sulfur diesel, 6,200 metric tons per day (mtd) of petcoke, 1,200 (mtd) of sulfur, and 140,000 tons per year of benzene. YASREF will process Arabian Heavy crude oil into high-quality refined products that could include future production of Paraxylene and products to support downstream industries.