Job description / Role
- Ensure day-to-day work is performed effectively, efficiently, and safely in order to increase refinery profit, enhance plant reliability/integrity, and promote safety & compliance to environmental standards.
- Plan and direct the work activities in the Central Workshop.
- Directs personnel to achieve completion of the repair work on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Lead multi-maintenance crafts (Metal Mechanics, Welders, and Pipefitters/Fabricators).
- Manages and coordinates activities of Supervisors engaged in maintaining and repairing/replacing of parts of pumps, cranes, compressors, and similar equipment used in the refinery
- Responsible for disassembling and inspection of defective equipment in shop to determine extent of wear or damage.
- Identify welding certification, training and experience appropriate for assignment scope.
- Lead Maintenance team in pre-commissioning & commissioning Mechanical Completion Certificate and start up.
- Organize resources and establish priorities to reach desired objectives.
- Directing fabrication and repairs; supervising the activities of various jobs/projects in the Central Workshop; preparing cost estimates for various projects; training & developing staff, and implementing safety standards.
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules, priority of electrical and instrumentation expenditures and procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Ensures maintenance staff are trained and developed to perform the essential skills needed to carry out their jobs effectively and safely.
- Manage and assist in the overseeing of repair and warranty work.
- Oversees or arranges staff training and development.
- Develop and recommend equipment alterations and layouts.
- Maintains time, work order, material, equipment and other mechanical maintenance records and submits reports.
- Ensures budgeting guidelines are met; prioritizes shop expenditures to stay within budget and assists in preparation of capital and operations budgets.
- Coordinate delivery of equipment and materials to the refinery units so they arrive on site as needed.
- Strategically place equipment, tools and materials for efficient, convenient access.
- Reviews preliminary plans of proposed new projects relating to his Unit.
- Develop and improve work methods/procedures to optimize work completion cycle time and ensure high efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that craft work is in compliance with the applicable safety, environmental and engineering standards.
- Collaborate with Maintenance Engineers, Maintenance Foreman, Operating counterparts, and operations personnel to prioritize and schedule maintenance
- Provide the necessary support to the respective OME team member before/after daily meetings to ensure high level of safety performance and comply with health, safety and environmental standards.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Maintenance Area Manager.
- Technical Data Management
- Maintenance Methods and Equipment
- SAP Maintenance Application Knowledge
- Maintenance Resources Management
- Safety Measures and Standards
- Refinery Product Planning
- Product Development
- Inspection, Testing and Reporting
- Technical Standards and Regulations
- Quality Management
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent.
About the Company
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company Ltd., a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and China Petrochemical Corporation ( Sinopec). A world-class, full-conversion refinery that covers about 5.2 million square meters in the Yanbu Industrial City, and is considered to be a key anchor project for the future of Yanbu. YASREF will use 400,000 barrels per day (bpd) of Arabian heavy crude oil to produce premium transportation fuels, as well as high-value refined products for both international and domestic markets. It is scheduled to be operational in Q3 2014.
YASREF signifies the impressive downstream portfolio added to Saudi Aramco, yet building and cementing on the strategic partnership with Sinopec - Saudi Aramco's largest crude oil partner and buyer - Both companies bring commercial and technical expertise to the joint venture to enhance trade of transportation fuels between a significant energy producer and its consumer. In addition, YASREF represents a continuing step forward in the strategies of Saudi Aramco and Sinopec to drive growth further downstream to capture additional value along the hydrocarbon chain.
YASREF was registered in January 2012 with the single purpose to establish, operate, and manage a full conversion-refining complex. YASREF possesses the location advantage to effectively and efficiently supply both international and domestic markets. The products include 90,000 bpd of gasoline, 263,000 bpd of ultra-low sulfur diesel, 6,200 metric tons per day (mtd) of petcoke, 1,200 (mtd) of sulfur, and 140,000 tons per year of benzene. YASREF will process Arabian Heavy crude oil into high-quality refined products that could include future production of Paraxylene and products to support downstream industries.