Job description / Role
Air Products, Saudi Aramco and ACWA Power are in final negotiations to form an over $11 billion Gasification/Power joint venture (JV) located at Jazan Economic City (JEC) in Saudi Arabia.
The JV will purchase, commission and operate the gasification assets, power block and the associated utilities from Saudi Aramco. These assets are currently under construction and will be transferred to the JV upon successful completion, currently scheduled for the end of 2019.
The JV will own and operate the facility under a 25-year contract for a fixed monthly fee. Saudi Aramco will supply feedstock to the JV, and the JV will produce power, hydrogen and other utilities for Saudi Aramco. Air Products will own at least 50 percent of the JV, with Saudi Aramco and ACWA Power owning the balance. The JV builds upon the importance and recognition that critical infrastructure assets in the region are being developed and operated under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) model." The Jazan IGCC is the world’s largest IGCC and ASU facility making 2100 MMSCFD syngas, 18,000 MT/Day Oxygen and 4 Gigawatts of power. Facilities and assets include: liquids gasification, acid gas clean up, soot ash recovery, sulphur recovery, combined cycle power plants, materials handling systems, hydrogen recovery, water utilities systems and waste water treatment facilities.
The basic function of the Maintenance Manager is to provide necessary leadership and technical support, to facilitate, direct, and coordinate the development, performance, definition and improvement of the maintenance department and help establish a Capable, Continuously Improving, Integrated high quality Maintenance work force with focus on improving plant equipment integrity and reliability at the lowest sustainable cost? The Maintenance Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day to day maintenance management of the associated facilities. The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for the performance and development of the maintenance staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Plans
• Develop the Maintenance-departmental strategy in line with the company’s strategy to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies across.
• Regularly report to the top management on the operational activities of department, challenges and issues faced, mitigations taken, etc. as required, to keep them informed and updated on the division’s activities.
• Manage the effective achievement of the team’s objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing the team and providing formal and informal feedback to maximise overall performance, engagement and motivation.
• Contribute to the preparation of the Maintenance department’s budget and manage and monitor the financial performance against the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
• Lead and manage the planning of preventive, corrective and condition based maintenance plans / work schedules (including annual and long-term maintenance plans) for all types of maintenance (Electrical, Mechanical and I&C) across the facilities in the IGCC ensuring that maintenance jobs are carried out timely, efficiently and cost effective with adherence to HSE standards.
• Lead the effective cascading of the maintenance strategy into work instructions and SOPs for each equipment and process in all areas of mechanical, electrical, instrumental, controls and systems and ensure their implementation by employees and contract staff, to ensure safe and timely maintenance of equipment.
• Lead the effective implementation of approved plans in liaison with the discipline engineers and operations team across all the assets and equipment within set timelines and budget to facilitate uninterrupted operations.
• Oversee the equipment risk assessment process in order to facilitate proactive identification of anomalies and ensure optimum risk mitigation in accordance with best practices.
• Manage the timely response to all emergency breakdowns and provide prompt corrective action to ensure plant availability, thereby minimizing downtime and possibility of liquidity damages.
• Oversee the maintenance documentation process in SAP ensuring it is completed correctly including filling in the log, outlining the fault, method of repair and the time, labour and materials used to support timely availability of information.
• Review the daily maintenance / condition monitoring reports and submit periodic reports to the management, keeping them informed of all technical problems, if any, as well as recent changes or modifications on existing work plant or schedule.
• Lead the Maintenance management meetings so that the entire team is clear on the standards required and the maintenance programs that are underway.
• In the Project Phase: Coordinate with the EPC representatives on site to understand the critical equipment installation etc., and undertake the Commissioning Monitoring, Acceptance Test Campaign and “As-build” documentation activities, to ensure required transfer of knowledge.
• Together with the Planning Engineer, lead the effective forecasting of manpower and material requirements to ensure timely availability of resources and spares for effective execution of maintenance plans.
• Lead the planning and execution of the annual outage maintenance of critical equipment, as per the recommendation of the OEM, and provide technical guidance and support to ensure the EHS, scope, cost, and timeline objectives are met.
• Act as a technical expert to ensure that all modifications to the maintenance procedures and work instructions are correctly designed and implemented as per the recommendations of the OEMs in order to best optimize maintenance operations according to the availability of equipment and workforce.
• Lead the development of a condition based preventive maintenance culture on day to day basis by conducting troubleshooting and root cause analyses, finding solutions to reduce reactive maintenance.
• Manage and provide short and long term technical solutions to engineering problems that may arise in relation to maintenance services in order to proactively resolve such problems on a sustainable basis and ensure uninterrupted delivery of services.
Inventory and Contractor Management
• Identify material/spare parts requirement for the maintenance activities, facilitate the procurement of stocks by participating in the technical evaluations and ensure effective inventory management of all maintenance requirements, in order to ensure accurate and timely availability and replenishment of the required stock.
• Oversee and supervise the work executed by the contractors to ensure compliance to scope of work, materials specification, method of application, HSSE and documentation guidelines.
Health, Safety, Security & Environment
• Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the department to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
• Report and respond to HSSE incidents using the established emergency communication channels and protocols, to minimise the impact of the hazard.
• Together with HSE department, ensure that safety rules and regulations are fully explained to plant employees / contractor staff and appropriate safety and protective equipment is worn; safety notices are prominently displayed in all work areas and that all accidents and incidents are efficiently investigated and analysed whilst ensuring that measures are implemented to avoid any recurrence.
Integrated Management System Implementation
• Implement IMS objectives and programs in the department and provide assistance during the IMS audits in order to effectively implement corrective actions and update relevant Maintenance policies and procedures, based on the recommendations.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
• Develop and ensure the implementation of department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
• Identify opportunities of improvement and contribute to Maintenance department change initiatives, programmes and projects taking into account best practice and standards in the business environment.
• Perform any other duties which the line manager may require to be carried out.
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Needs to work closely with Senior Management, Maintenance Engineers, Operations Team, HSE, Procurement Team, HR team, Finance Team and Storekeeper, etc.
• Needs to build a rapport with vendors, OEMs, contractors etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor degree holder in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
• 12-15 years of experience in a similar environment with few years in a managerial position preferably within the Oil and Gase sector.
• Experience developing / implementing preventive and predictive maintenance processes is highly desirable.
• In-depth knowledge of downtime analysis and knowledge of problem solving tools
• In-depth Knowledge of maintenance management methods, of predictive inspection tools and of CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System, good knowledge of SAP Template desirable)
• Detailed understanding of preventative/predictive maintenance theory
• Strong mentoring, coaching and people management skills
• In-depth knowledge of the operations in Oil and Gase plants.
• Strong planning, organizing, and integration skills
• Team work and effective collaboration skills
• Good understanding of PPPs, contractual obligations etc.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.