Job description / Role
An opportunity is now available for a Maintenance Planning and Materials Superintendent to support the Jazan IGCC commissioning and start-up phase. The duration of the assignment is approximately 24 months with an additional option to roll into a long-term staff position with the Jazan IGCC JV. This is an on-site position in Jazan, Saudi Arabia working 8 weeks on with 2 weeks off.
The incumbent will report to the Maintenance Director and will lead a team consisting of 15 reports (5 I&E Planners, 5 Mechanical Planners, and 5 Material Handlers) and a contract work force as necessary to support startup and daily operation. The Maintenance Planning and Materials Superintendent has direct responsibility for Supervisors and Technicians in their respective teams.
This position is intended to target candidates who have extensive gasification maintenance experience, especially in the Middle East.The Jazan IGCC team supports the safe and efficient leadership, planning, commissioning and start-up of process gas units, including our newly acquired gasification technologies.
Day-to-Day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensure 100% Basic Safety Process compliance for the maintenance department.
• Ensure 100% compliance with all training activities.
• Provide support to the various IGCC maintenance areas in the form of storeroom inventory and job planning to ensure safe and reliable operation of the individual process units.
• Develop and publish the site’s weekly and daily maintenance schedules.
• Interface with maintenance superintendents and supervisors in a manner that maximizes productivity and reliability
• Develop work plans for critical activities.
• Track and report site maintenance department metrics.
• 24-hour on-call support on a rotating basis.
• Provide relief for other area Multi-Craft foremen as needed.
• Lead by example with regards to following procedures and our highest priority of maintaining personnel safety
• Demonstrated safety leadership and experience as well as strong hazard recognition and awareness
• Possess strong leadership skills to drive both internal and external teams to their highest performance in a heavy industrial environment
• In-depth knowledge of materials management and large storeroom organization / best practices
• In-depth knowledge of SAP maintenance and materials management modules
• The ability to represent the Maintenance Organization and Air Products in front internal customers (project teams, construction, operations, etc)
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Engineer - Operations & Maintenance
Engineer - Operations & Maintenance
Mechanical Maintenance Manager/Facility Manager
Logistics and Transportation Manager
A Leading Transport, Distribution and Logistics Company in UAE