Job description / Role
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Capital Markets provides assurance services to clients who are developing and executing transformational strategies, such as launching an initial public offering (IPO) both in local markets and overseas. We provide regulatory and reporting support and advice across all jurisdictions in international capital markets. We are looking for a Manager or Senior Manager to join the team to oversee capital markets clients and engagements in the MENA region.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you will participate in and manage client engagements, contributing in both financial and non- financial service sectors. This will include delivering technical accounting advice across a range of clients and locations across the MENA region, produce reports and analysis on accounting issues related to capital raising strategies and regulatory matters and ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
You will also collaborate with the Partner, Senior Manager and clients to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables, while ensuring FAAS engagement teams understand the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well presented.
You will monitor performance of the team against budget as well as identify and communicate relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client. Sales of new FAAS work will also be paramount in this role. It is expected this role will require about 25% travel annually throughout the MENA region.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree
• Relevant accounting qualification, such a CPA, CA or ACCA
• A minimum of 5- years of experience with at least 1- year of experience as a Manager
• Capital markets experience such as UK IPO experience and reporting accountant experience, US (AU-C 920) comfort letters, prospectus reviews, experience working with lawyers and investment banks
• At least 3 – years of external Audit experience
• Experience working with a Big 4 firm
• Strong IFRS technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
• Strong advisory (selling) mindset
• Effective management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
• Fluent written and verbal English communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
• Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
Ideally you’ll also have
• Prior experience working in international markets
• Exposure to have worked in a Big 4 environment
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.