Job description / Role
Amazon is looking for a motivated individual for the profile of Manager, Implementation for its MENA operations team. This role is a field based role and the candidate should enjoy getting their hands dirty, working on the floor for implementation. During peak and other periods the individual will be expected to take up direct field responsibilities for a few weeks.
• Define, design, launch and manage new Fulfillment/Transportation related products and programs in MENA.
• Gather requirements and conceptualize a Fulfillment/Transportation solution to solve a business problem.
• Own and drive the product portfolio and product roadmap
• Work with key stake holders across various functions to define and launch a product/program.
• Manage technical integration with amazon systems across retail, merchant, Fulfillment/Transportation operations and finance technologies and setup end-to-end operational, accounting, and financial, taxation requirements, and performance measurement and customer satisfaction related processes.
• Launch and expand the product/program as per Amazon’s requirements while being responsible for all customer and merchant satisfaction, performance, compliance, accounting and financial related metrics.
• Evaluate launch outcomes and reintegrate learning into the organizational plan
This role calls for an individual who can own all aspects of how Fulfillment/Transportation impacts customer experience, shipper experience and operator experience; manage performance and measure, determine, then drive, any initiatives necessary to improve it. It requires an individual to showcase judgment and decision making skills to balance customer experience with financial impact. This position offers a broad exposure to various business, financial, and technical teams within Amazon.
The successful candidate will be a person who enjoys and excels at dealing with ambiguity and design and define products/programs with little information. He / She will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to create and sustain urgency, and a proven ability to lead large cross-functional projects including communication across all levels and teams in the organization: senior leaders, technical teams, finance, fulfillment, and business leaders.
• 6+ years of relevant experience in operations or logistics driving quality improvements
• Bachelor's degree.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Comfortable analyzing data and making decisions based on this
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience using excel
• MBA or Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or related field
• Green/Black Belt Certification preferred
• Experience in last mile operations highly preferred
• Experience using SQL and Tableau
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.