Job description / Role
We currently are seeking a highly motivated Manager - Supply Chain & Operations to lead client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services and participate in business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts. This role will focus on Life Sciences as a sector including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, pharmacies, distributors and medical device companies. Our Supply Chain & Operations team members provide life science clients insights into supply chain transformation covering Planning, Procurement, Operations and Logistics and often integrating with other competencies to deliver end to end solutions to clients including large-scale transformation projects. This role requires a candidate with a 50:50 split between technical sector knowledge and business acumen.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager your key role will be to lead large transformational client engagements as well as internal projects. Drawing on your knowledge, skills and experience, you will establish valued relationships with external clients at the ''C'' level. You will lead large global and regional bids, proposals and thought leadership. You will lead teams at our clients, supporting them with improving their business performance. You will also be responsible for presenting executive summary findings to enact change and drive the regional life science agenda. You will manage multiple EY colleagues across levels and client team members. Additionally, you will review other's work to ensure it is of a high quality. You will mentor others as they progress in their own career. Your role in leading teams - or parts of teams - on engagements will depend on the size of engagement. When working on engagements, you'll report to higher levels of management, who will expect you to anticipate and identify risks, and escalate any issues as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Approximately 6+ years of work experience in supply chain and operations across different areas (technology transformation, business transformation, finance etc..), with a proven record of experience in the life science (pharma, biotech, medical devices) or healthcare industry (hospitals, healthcare providers, regulatory agencies)
- Preferably, prior experience in consulting (Big Four, Strategy House or equivalent)
- Digital supply chain and operations experience and skillset
- Technical knowledge of life science sector and landscape (MENA/ Global)
- An understanding of novel therapy areas and sector trends including, but not limited to, cell & gene, biosimilars, accountable care organization (ACOs) and localized manufacturing
- Proven track record of business development activities in either life sciences or healthcare sector
- Clear experience and track record of leading successful transformation in areas of supply chain especially asset management, maintenance, warehousing
- Preferably Jordan or KSA - based
- Bilingual (English & Arabic) will be an added advantage
- A bachelor's degree with the emphasis on biopharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering or alternatively; Business, Supply Chain or Logistics with proven industry experience
- Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ideally, you'll also have
- A master's degree with emphasis in Business, Supply Chain or Operations with strong academic records
- Life Science and/ or supply chain professional certifications
- Willingness to travel across the region
What we look for
Alongside your comprehensive and proven technical expertise you will also be a born leader with a passion for:
- Developing people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff
- Conducting performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contributing to our people initiatives that include recruiting and retaining our professionals
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region