Manager of Projects
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Manager of Projects
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Saudi Arabia Office for a Manager of Projects.
In this dynamic role , you will be expected to lead the successful delivery of our projects from FEED, detailed design, through to procurement, construction and commissioning whilst driving best practice with stakeholders and managing a multidisciplined team, supported by a strong group of Engineeringspecialists.
We provide a competitive and flexible compensation package and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity.
To provide consistent, sustainable and effective management direction for all projects within a project portfolio (either for a Location or a Customer Sector Group) so as to ensure successful project delivery, continuing improvement in capability and career progression and training for the project management and
project engineering discipline.
1. HSE Management
- Work with project managers/project engineers to ensure that all areas of a project or all projects are set up and executed in full compliance with the requirements of Worley HSE Management system
- Assist in formulating pro-active HSE initiatives and programs
2. Capability Enhancement
- Local champion for the Worley Project Management Process (WPMP).
- Direct the implementation of new company systems and capability enhancements across projects
- Determine areas of potential improvement and direct the implementation of change to address these areas
- Ensure the growing capability of our people in the project management and project engineering discipline.
3. Client Relationships
- Ensure that client requirements and the needs of multiple stakeholders are being identified and managed effectively
4. Performance Management
- Supervise, equip and coach project managers/project engineers within the area of responsibility to ensure the proper performance (HSE, Commercial [including Budget and Gross Margin], Schedule, Customer Satisfaction and Risk Management) of all projects
- Ensure project managers/engineers are closely monitoring project trends and project problems and taking early remedial action
- Work with project managers/project engineers and the project controls personnel to ensure regular (usually weekly), accurate and standardised reporting for all individual projects
- Ensure a report of overall Project Delivery performance (summarising data from key component projects) is generated at least monthly
- Work with project managers/project engineers to ensure that every person working on projects has clearly defined goals and expectations
- Ensure that all projects undergo an internal monthly review of project status and health, in accordance with standard company procedures
- Report monthly to local Director of Projects, Projects on traffic light status of the location's largest projects (in terms of services value).
5. Quality Management
- Work with project managers/project engineers to ensure all projects are set up and executed in full compliance with all the requirements of the Worley Project Management Process (WPMP) and General Management System (EMS) using consistent approaches, Work Breakdown Structures, work methodologies and reporting
- Ensure all personnel are suitably trained to access and use EMS and WPMP
- Ensure a program of mini-audits (e.g. cross discipline audits) of WPMP and EMS is a feature (and key training mechanism) across the project or portfolio of projects - Work with the WPMP custodians to continually improve WPMP and hence ensure all project management systems, processes, procedures and guidelines are appropriate, current and effective to support project delivery
- Ensure best practice, continuous improvement initiatives and lessons learnt are commonly shared amongst project engineers/project managers
- Assist in recruitment and allocation of project managers and project engineers to projects to ensure each project is suitably resourced with sufficient and capable project management expertise and that project management workload is balanced.
7. Team Building
- Chair a periodic (at least once every 2 months) communication and coordination forum for the project managers/project engineers
- Ensure all project managers/project engineers see the Project Management Team as their "long term home" even through they may move from project to project
8. Personnel Development
- Help manage the training plans and career development of the project managers/project engineers
- Implement the formal competency based assessment and development programme for all project management personnel
- Develop and implement training budget for project management personnel
- Ensure all new starters at supervisory level receive WPMP training.
- Ensure that all project managers/project engineers participate in the annual Performance Feedback and Development ("Performance Appraisal") program
- Participate in the annual performance scoring of all of the project managers/project engineers
- Provide a mentoring system for project managers/project engineers to assist them in their career development
- Demonstrable commitment to HSE Management in a project environment
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrable reporting and performance
- A proven track record of managing projects
- Experience of managing a portfolio or projects and a team of project engineers/project managers
Relevant degree or equivalent qualification (Chartered Engineer Preferable) with a minimum of 20 years industry experience
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
Bachelors in Engineering
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.