Job description / Role
Drawing on its reputation for providing leading Advisory services and deep industry experience across complex programs in the public and private sectors, EY's Program Management practice is offering an exceptional opportunity to join their team.
We are looking to recruit the most talented individuals with combined sector and Program Management knowledge. As a Program and Portfolio Management (PPM) Manager, you will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level in the practice. You will build and maintain valued relationships with external clients and internal peers as a collaborative team player, supporting clients with the successful delivery of their programs and building their business growth.
Your key responsibilities
- Drawing on your skills and experiences, you will create commercial innovative insights for clients and devise methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs.
- You will review value for money, affordability, benefits realisation, supply chain metrics, value engineering and commercial proposals.
- You will be involved in complex capital, government or business reform programs spanning the entire lifecycle - from concept and feasibility, through planning, design and policy change; into procurement, commissioning, operational readiness and implementation.
Skills and attributes for success
- You will have 'hands on' experience on major capital projects/business change programs, government reform programs or business transformations.
- 5 + years' experience in positions including strategy, project management/engineering, risk management/project controls, commercial, legal or regulatory compliance.
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures, especially focusing on complex, judgemental and/or specialized issues. You will work with the team and client to create plans for achieving engagement objectives.
- Maintain communication with and updating of EY senior management on progress, helping the leadership team to streamline operations.
- A degree qualification in engineering, law, social sciences, economics, science and/or accounting is highly desirable.
To qualify for the role you must have experience of
- Program Management Strategy.
- PMP Certificate
- Program Management transformation.
- Experience using scheduling/cost control project software.
- Risk management/project controls.
- Sound analytical and problem solving ability.
- Operational performance improvement.
- Strong capability to develop junior staff, build high performing teams and delegate with appropriate levels of support.
- Project managing engagements and leading fieldwork.
- Proven track record in sales and business development is highly desirable
Ideally, you'll also have
- Worked in major capital programs in either a government, non government or professional services organisation
What we look for
We're interested in flexible professionals, who are not afraid of challenges and think critically and creatively and who are used to working in a dynamic environment. You will make reasonable assumptions and present thoughts in a structured, well- articulated and unambiguous manner. If you have a strong desire to develop a career in business/consulting, then this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.