Manager - Project Controls
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Maintains project ledgers showing budget line items, commitments, expenditures and forecasts.
- Develop, interpret, and execute policy objectives and standards applicable to cost and schedule controls coupled with analysis activities
- Direct all cost engineering functions, including cost forecasting, cost control, change management and cost analysis
- Lead all planning, and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, analysis, and ongoing recommendations for improvement
- Interface with other project team members, including Engineering, Construction, Procurement, Office planning, IT, Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Contracts and Legal, to facilitate compliance with execution strategy and objectives
- Provide status reports and related project reporting analyses to company and client management
- Identify problems and coordinate with the project team to correct and ensure work is being coordinated between the other departments and offices to meet project requirements
- Prepare various project controls plans and reports, financial summaries, and related activities for project management on assigned projects
- Serve as a liaison with business unit functional management to coordinate workload and staffing plans, work processes, and procedures
- Evaluate projects at each stage of development to ensure cost and financial activities of the project team inclusive of ensuring client/contractual obligations have been met
- Plan and assist with anticipated staffing requirements for assigned projects
- Review contract drafts and related terms & conditions to ensure they meet project controls requirements and coordinate development of data in support of contract compliance
- Recommends modifications to organization and on occasion corporate policies and procedures
- 15 years of experience is required
- Specific experience and demonstrated skill in directing cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, change management and cost analysis required
- Experience with directing, planning, and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis required
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to successfully direct and motivate a team inclusive of interacting with client personnel required
- Advanced knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, and construction projects in the Oil & Gas industry required
- Significant experience in project controls, commercial operations, and/or prime contract experience with emphasis on project controls and financial issues required
- Broad knowledge of Project Control Systems and processes including leading schedule processing software, databases and spreadsheet applications (ie: Primavera, Excel) required
- Comfortable working with all levels and functions in a constructive fashion to achieve responsibilities and goals required
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.