Job description / Role
The objective of our advisory risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. This role is specific to providing risk advisory services for clients that operate in the Arts and Culture, Sports, and Entertainment sub-sectors. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract.
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. You can expect to work with high level client personnel to address operational risks, deliver risk transformation programs, deploy Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) solutions, and design and implement the Internal Controls Framework.
Skills and attributes for success
- Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures especially focusing on complex, judgmental and/or specialized issues.
- Work with the team and the client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and advise clients to understand and manage their business risks and verify the validity of their business information
- Brief the engagement team on the client's risk environment and industry risk management trends.
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of compliance, financial, and operational risks along with delivering risk transformation programs, deploying Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) solutions, and designing and implementing the Internal Controls Framework
- Bring and utilize extensive knowledge in the Arts and Culture, Sports, and Entertainment sub-sectors to identify technological developments and evaluate impacts on the client's business.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's or master's degree
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a risk adviser and a management consultant for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within the Arts and Culture, Sports, and/or Entertainment sub-sectors.
This requires exposure to one or more of the following industry segments
- Visual arts
- Performing arts
- Heritage or museums
- Film and cinemas
- Event management and entertainment
Bring your significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least two of the following
- Governance and operating model design
- Business process re-engineering
- Enterprise risk management
- Funds operations and risk management
- GRC solutions design and implementation
- We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of their assigned office location
- Fluency in both Arabic and English is preferred.
Ideally, you'll also have
- A bachelor's or master's degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related discipline
- CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA, CIPP, CGEIT certification is a must
What we look for
We're looking for passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region