Job description / Role
Our commodities function is a specialization within FAAS practice, focused on clients active in trading, energy, agriculture, metals and other related products. We are a dynamic and high-growth area of our business and support our ever-expanding client base by recognising that every organisation is unique and delivering exceptional client service centred on trust and creating insight, enhancing performance and delivering value.
Our integrated account-centric, cross-border teams leverage the 'best of EY', including our leading market insights and expertise to provide tailored, best-in-class consulting services and solutions
We are seeking a driven and ambitious individual to join this exciting and fast-growing area of our business. You will play a key role in driving our continued growth by developing and nurturing strategic client relationships, leveraging our global footprint and networks and leading highly skilled and experienced engagement teams to deliver exceptional client relationships. We are currently looking for a Manager/Senior Manager to build our existing commodities practice, engage with clients and bringing benefit from our insights, creativity and energy. Our clientele includes global trading houses, financial trading and broking companies and trading division of large conglomerates. Together with local leadership, global commodities market specialists you will help build a regional pipeline, pursue opportunities and deliver high quality engagements.
Your key responsibilities
• As a Manager/Senior Manager, you'll participate in and manage client engagements, contributing in both financial and non- financial service sectors.
• You'll collaborate with the partner, senior manager and client to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables, while ensuring FAAS engagement teams understand the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented.
• Timely delivery of projects in compliance with regulatory frameworks is essential, as is working with other service lines in providing an integrated service delivery.
• You'll monitor performance of the team against budget as well as identify and communicate relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client. Sales of new FAAS work will also be paramount in this role.
Skills and attributes for success
• Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment.
• Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
• This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree and approximately seven plus years of related work experience in the commodities market.
• An undergraduate or master's degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
• Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
• Understanding of a client's industry and marketplace
• Strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
• Fluent written and verbal English communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
• Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
• Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
Ideally you'll also have
• Experience in the MENA region
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region