Job description / Role
Are you committed, thorough and outgoing – and do you have a good understanding of business and experience of international tax? If so, please read on.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Tax professional to join a growing team in an emerging market. As an International Tax Manager, your primary focus will be advising global companies on the various regional and international tax implications of their operations. With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. Our Tax service line in MENA is experiencing a period of significant growth so now is an excellent time to join. Sound interesting?
Your key responsibilities
- You will be managing and participating in the successful delivery of international tax engagements and assisting senior managers or above with identifying and pursuing new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships. You will contribute to building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client service and collaborate with a team of International Tax professionals across the MENA region and globally to combine diverse cross-border experience with local tax knowledge across a broad spectrum of industries.
- You will work as part of a multi-jurisdictional / disciplinary team within tax and across other service lines (including working with colleagues from Transfer Pricing, Transaction Tax, Indirect Tax, People Advisory Services etc.) in terms of pursuing, managing and delivering engagements and assist in managing engagement economics by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders.
- You will build strong internal relationships within international tax team and across other service lines and counsel and develop more junior staff through delegation and on the job training
Skills and attributes for success
If you are a client driven and strategically and commercially aware, excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral, enthusiastic with flexible attitude to work and a strong motivator, you will be perfect for the role.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's Degree in Tax, Economics, Accounting or Finance and an approved professional qualification or equivalent (e.g. ADIT / ATT / ACCA / CPA / ACA / CA / LLB or MBA, or MA, MSc or PhD in the fields listed above)
- 5 – 7 years of relevant Tax experience, in either business or industry
- Broad exposure to international taxation with focus on inbound and outbound investments
- Strong managerial, organisational, project management, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Proven track record with a leading professional services firm
- Experience of Managing a team and/or mentoring and developing more junior team members
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proficiency in Arabic language
What we look for
You’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in international tax landscape so that you can better advise our clients. In return we’ll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to develop your tax career.
The types of project you’ll contribute towards may include
- Expansion into new markets
- Group structure reorganization and / or rationalisation
- Review of operating model including permanent establishment risk, withholding taxes, transfer pricing etc.
- Review of holding structure, capital structure and financing arrangements
- Review of IP structure
- BEPS risk assessments
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be confident that you’re contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services with more than 230,000 employees worldwide. We are using the finance products, expertise and systems we have developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, our ambition is to continuously be among the best employers in the world.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.