Job description / Role
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Capital Equipment Manager, you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, expanding team and work on high-profile engagements. Our team sits within the VME team, and works closely with other specialists to provide a range of services to clients in a range of industries, worldwide.
The KSA CE team is part of the wider MENA CE team with professionals located in Riyadh and Jeddah. We provide plant & equipment and inventory valuation, data assimilation and asset management services for a range of purposes including financial reporting, mergers & acquisition, disposal, tax, insurance and lending. This is a growing team that works across Sub-Areas to provide market leading advice.
The group has a wide range of experience, with backgrounds in financial reporting, engineering, transactions, investment banking, business modelling and business analysis. You have the opportunity to develop your career through leading multidisciplinary teams on a range of engagements, including valuations large scale portfolios for a range of purposes & industries.
Your key responsibilities
• Provide CE advice individually or lead a team of junior CE team members. You would also be required to lead multi-disciplinary engagements including CE, real estate and business valuation experts
• Actively lead several engagements simultaneously whilst supporting the Engagement Partner on business development opportunities
• Take overall responsibility for engagements with minimal Engagement Partner input
• Preparation of engagement contracts and budgets
• Maintain understanding of each engagement, including:
• The context and background to each engagement
• The subject assets, market sector & competitive landscape analysis
• Provide clear instructions & guidance to junior team members performing the analysis
• Ensure compliance with RICS/International Valuation Standards and other relevant regulatory bodies
• Identify key value drivers, inputs, assumptions & limitations
• Monitor engagement progress & WIP to agreed budget, identify challenges & agree next steps
• Respond to day-to-day queries raised by the client and attend client meetings
• Clear communication with all team members & provide regular updates to the Engagement Partner
• Produce detailed narrative reports & presentations to clients and/or the Engagement Partner
• Preparation of new business proposals and budgets
• Provide training & guidance to CE team, including preparation of thought leadership & guidance materials
• Develop network of contacts (internal & external)
• Contribute to broader E&Y business (especially VME)
• Generate ideas to maximize assignment profitability, supporting revenue generation initiatives
• Proactively manage own development
Skills and attributes for success
• Highly motivated self-starter with strong technical and management skills, commerciality, flexibility & diplomacy
• Strong business development and communication skills, with sufficient gravitas to have credibility in front of clients
• Effective leadership & training skills to direct junior members of the team
• Willing to travel internationally, often at short notice and occasionally for extended periods
To qualify for the role you must have
• A University degree in a finance or technical field (engineering/science/finance) and a sound knowledge of corporate finance
• Minimum of 8 years’ tangible asset valuation experience at a professional services firm or surveying practice
• Strong MS Excel and Access skills
• Good report writing skills and fluency in English
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A financial and/or engineering/technical background
• RICS/ASA qualified
• Project management skills, leading teams and juggling more than one project at a time
• Worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Experience of training staff
• Experience of business development activity
• Ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, organisations and clients
What we look for
We are looking to recruit a manager with significant Capital Equipment valuation experience to support the continued growth of our business.
We are looking for candidates with experience in providing a range of valuation services, who are pro-active problem solvers, can interpret information to form their own views and present their findings clearly in person and in writing. The work can be complex and time pressured, so a logical approach is essential.
What working at EY offer’s
• Competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business
• Range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.