Job description / Role
To provide technical support for in-house and vendor in cladding and weld fabrication activities/materials for the Critical, Surface and Drilling components with utmost integrity, safety and quality. The Welding Manu. Engineer is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity, will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning, and ensure compliance and continual improvements in weld shop.
• Responsible for EHS compliance requirements and improvements.
• Participate in EHS related actions, to improve safety.
• Prepare RA for test and assembly processes and M.O.C for changes.
• Prepare and review lift plan with lifting supervisors/Chargehand.
• Lead the investigation of root cause & preventive analysis for welding defects in production.
• Work closely with other GE site Welding/materials team to establish sound work methods & procedures.
• Work closely with engineering team for rework disposition and activities at in house/vendor's place.
• Generate quality Friday projects, coordinate with Six Sigma and Engineering Teams for process & product improvements.
• Knowledgeable on welding codes such as ASME Sections, API, NACE and DNV etc.,
• Create and maintain WPS qualification in different types of material (Carbon steel, Low alloy steel, S.S, Duplex S.S,).
• Conduct welder qualification procedures for the process, such as Cladding, SAW, TIG, SMAW, Orbital TIG welding.
• Interpret and apply Drawing, VGS, and other industrial standard & procedures for daily production.
• Interface with vendors and internal contacts in an effective manner to ensure that the technical and EHS perspective is properly conveyed.
• Lead qualifying weld procedures in liaising with customers/TPI's.
• Attend kick off meetings with internal stakeholders and customers and should resolve the technical queries which arises during the meeting.
• Analyse the critical welding features and establish work methods to deposit sound weld metal.
• Assure that all engineering designs and technical data are complete and accurately documented to provide an accurate technical/historical base for future reference and to meet customer / end user requirements.
• Sound knowledge of Welding/Cladding principles and metallurgy.
• All BHGE employees are authorized to STOP WORK if potential risk of Quality, HSE and Compliance is found.
• They are not trained and/or competent to conduct a task.
• Safety risk assessments and/or procedures are not available.
• Equipment to complete a task is not available and/or correctly maintained.
• There is a potential to cause environmental damage.
• Regulations or EHS standards will be breached.
• You see any unsafe condition or practice.
• Ensure all the M.Os are reviewed sign off prior to release for manufacturing
• Ensure all the revision changes are updated accordingly per Engineering Revision requirement.
• Ensure to have manufacturing feasibility check and standard hour calculation during ITO stage and align OTR stage.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science.
• Post-graduate in Metallurgical Engineering or welding Engineering is preferred.
• More than 5 years working experience in oil field materials, in manufacturing, NDT, PWHT and Quality control processes.
• Knowledgeable in Cladding and fabrication welding practises per International codes and standard requirements such as ASME Sections, API, NACE and DNV etc.
• Understand related material and welding industry codes such as ASME, NACE, API 6A, 17 D, AWS etc.
• Good understanding of contractual business and project operation.
• Knowledge on implementation of process, organization and project planning skills will be an added advantage.
• Processes effective communication and presentation skills.
• Pro-active & self-driven.
• Analytical skills in manufacturing environment.
• Good interpersonal skills and should be able to lead a small team.
• Align to BHGE 5 Fundamentals
• Align to EHS Policy
• Align to Quality PolicyJob Competencies:
• Understanding of API Products.
• Understanding of Surface Products.
• Understanding of Drilling Products.
• Engineering Drawing and Interpretation (Machining, Welding and Assembly).
• Engineering Procedure (VGS, OSP, etc…).
• Welding & Cladding Processes (MIG, TIG, SAW, SMAW, etc…).
• NDE Processes (MPI, LPI, UT, RT, PMI, etc…).
• Understand related material and welding industry codes such as ASME, Nace, API 6A, 17 D, AWS etc...
• ERP experience ~ ePIMs, Teamcenter and AS400.
• Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions.
• Strong organizational skill.
• Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team projects.
• Strong project and team leadership.
• Develop and implement process improvements to reduce costs and cycles.
• Design necessary fixtures for Cladding NPI’s and for process improvements.
• Control of creation and system updates of cladding programs.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.