Job description / Role
• Responsible for studying and reporting on Macroeconomic factors and project specific factors effecting the pricing of all ongoing projects.
• To provide feedback to the costing team to allow the latest market trends to be captured in pricing and inform the executive through monthly reporting to enable management of risk associated with price inflation.
Our client is a Saudi Arabian government entity responsible for developing a mega project in line with Saudi Vision 2030. They are currently seeking a "Market Intelligence and Construction Data Analysis Senior Manager" to study and report on Macroeconomic factors and project specific factors effecting the pricing of all their projects.
• To provide a monthly market intelligence bulletin to the executive on key macroeconomic factors, changes in key commodity prices, labour rates indicating past trends and future forecasts.
• Complete in-depth studies of received tenders to monitor movements in key rates and maintain a database of these identified items to allow trends to be reported.
• Study and compare all active and planned projects to allow benchmarking and reporting of key financial and parametric metrics.
• Coordinate with the cost team to allow benchmark data to inform early-stage cost planning at feasibility stage of new projects.
• Maintenance of cost and parametric benchmarking for all past, current, and future projects.
• This database should be structured to allow easy export of reports to assist in assessing future feasibility budgets for similar assets.
• Application of policies, procedures, and QA/QC compliance
• Attendance and active contribution at project and departmental meetings
• Engagement with supply chain (consultants, contractors, suppliers) to obtain data
• Responsibility for quality and accuracy of reports prepared for review by managers
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly tax-free salary and additional benefits along with an opportunity to grow and earn valuable experience on one of Saudi's giga projects.
• Undergraduate degree in construction or economics.
• Relevant professional membership (e.g., RICS / CIOB etc)
• Minimum 10 years post qualification experience.
• Demonstrable track record of working on high value fast track projects
• Experience in studying market trends and macroeconomic factors.
• Excellent report writing and graphical presentation skills.
• Good communication skills and a positive attitude.
• Aptitude for problem solving.
• Must be flexible and adaptive to changing workloads.
• Must have a working knowledge of industry-standard measurement codes such as NRM/BICS/CIS and the like and be able to converse and advise on these with authority.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.