Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Events Marketing Manager role is to cement the Careem brand in the city's prominent events. This role requires a high level of market understanding and requires a diverse skill set across multiple areas, including social media marketing, PR, event planning, strategic and conceptual thinking, content creation, and relationship management. Key responsibilities include:
- Make sure Careem is present at all local, relevant events in the city
- Build very tight partnerships and relationship with all event organizers in the city
- Collaborate with management and other marketing colleagues, aligning our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships to execute through events
- Forecast, measure and manage the events budget
- Attend relevant events to evangelize the company mission and find like-minded individuals and companies to align with on future initiatives
- Lead planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for onsite collateral
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Strong account manager and relationship builder, an adept communicator with the ability to liaise with people on all levels
- Experience in event planning and management, including speaker outreach and vendor relationships is an advantage
- Experience handling marketing budgets and forecasting/reporting results
- Ability to lead a team of event coordinators
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits, and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||12 Feb|
Country Brand / Marketing Manager
|Saudi Arabia||4 Jan|
Wall Street English
TGC Consulting Middle East
Thales Middle East