Job description / Role
Our Marketing Manager is responsible for setting the Regional Marketing Strategy, maintaining excellent relations with key suppliers and ensuring the implementation of action plans in accordance with the strategic direction of the General Manager.
- Develop the business plan of the Marketing Department in line with the strategic objectives of the Brand
- Formulate and communicate the Marketing Department performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Develop the Marketing Department policies and procedures in order to ensure the fulfilment of organizational requirements
- Oversee the operations of the Marketing Department, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Monitor the yearly budget of the Marketing Department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
Marketing and Strategic Operations:
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and mark-up factors
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers
- Participate with Brand/ Product Managers and/or the Division Manager in setting up the yearly plan suitable for the market and as per the brands guidelines
- Participate with the General Manager in strategic meeting with suppliers, regional teams to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity)
- Monitor the market trends, identify new target markets and determine potential positioning
- Coordinate with suppliers, contractors, logistics, marketing and merchandizing with regards to new openings, closing or renovation operations
- Maintain smooth relationship with the suppliers and business partners
- Follow up on sales reports and use information to take action when necessary
- Record, monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities and provides suggested action plans
- Provide the General Manager with quantitative and qualitative reports using data from market studies
- Assist the General Manager in defining the yearly strategic plan for the network and in preparing the yearly budgets and forecasted sales
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction
- Manage the organization's resources within budget guidelines
- Provide prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep management appropriately informed of the organization's financial position
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
- University Degree in Marketing or any relevant field/ Master's degree is a plus
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with at least 4 years in a similar role
- Team Player
- Business Acumen
- Collaborating for Efficiency (Intermediate)
- Communicating Effectively (Intermediate)
- Developing and Managing Self-Awareness (Intermediate)
- Drive, Entrepreneurship and Adaptability (Intermediate)
- Technical competencies required for the role
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.