Job description / Role
Located just north of the city, Fairmont Riyadh will be part of a new mixed-use development project comprising the hotel, a convention center and commercial real estate space that will house multinational corporations as well as regional companies. The hotel will feature 298 spacious guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold. Guests will enjoy a selection of dining venues as well as spa and fitness facilities. The convention center comprises 4,000 square meters of meeting and function space.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform scheduled PM Program for guest rooms & other areas under R&M Department.
• To handle all type of masonry work, which include repair and maintenance of Tiles work, concrete work, plastering work, Brick work ,Grouting work and others.
• To inspect and maintain all masonry work in the Guest rooms and other related areas.
• Maintain and repair all masonry works in the guest rooms and other related areas in accordance with the preventive maintenance procedures and standard guideline.
• Work very closely with Room Maintenance team and meet the entire job requirement.
• Follow all job instructions given by Engineering Supervisor and report him daily work progress.
• Follow duty schedule / any split duty and carry out any other jobs assigned by DOE and Assistant Director of Engineering as Business demand.
• Report any safety related problem to Engineering Supervisor.
• Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective equipment and use correct lifting procedures as necessary to avoid injury.
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
• Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
• Follow a preventative cleaning and maintenance program
• Monitor energy consumption.
• Ensure clean safe and healthy work environment including but not limited to technical plants, engineering offices and workshops.
• Attend and participate in the daily engineering meetings.
• Performs any other engineering duty assigned to him by DOE and Assistant Director of Engineering.
• Trade certificate
• Water distribution and waste water disposal in residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
• 3 years’ experience masonry works.
• Knowledge of building repair works
• Must be adaptable and handle last minute changes positively.
• Arabic and English speaking a strong asset.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent standing and walking throughout shift.
• Occasional lifting and carrying up things as job required.
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
• Eligible candidate will be provided visa to have work permit required as per the local law.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests