Job description / Role
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and/or coordinates detailed phases of planning work in a number of very large and important projects. Gathers, compiles, and analyses data on economic, social, and physical factors affecting land use. Assignments may require both conventional planning expertise and innovative solutions.
- Estimates staffing needs and overseas work assignments of technicians and/or other Planners.
- Confers with local authorities, civic leaders, social scientists, and land planning and development specialists to devise and recommend arrangements of land and physical facilities for residential, commercial, transportation, industrial, and community uses.
- Develops recommendations based on governmental measures affecting land use, public utilities, community facilities, housing, and transportation to control and guide community development and renewal.
- Prepares, coordinates, and facilitates public involvement and consensus-building meetings and workshops.
- Reviews and evaluates environmental impact reports, and recommends changes to overall project plan as appropriate.
- Reviews and evaluates Reuse and Redevelopment Master Plans.
- Maintains active membership in appropriate professional organisations and societies. Represents the Company at conferences, seminars, meetings, etc.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 15-20 years of related work experience.
- American Institute of Certified Planners Certification is preferred at this level
- Thorough knowledge of urban/environmental planning practices and procedures
- Proficiency in utilising PC and various software packages typically used in urban/environmental planning assignments is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a
- Thorough understanding of local statutes and environmental rules and regulations.
- Proven ability for performing in a lead capacity on a project
About the Company
maptalent are experts at delivering quality recruitment and human capital solutions across the Middle East, United States and United Kingdom.
Having highly experienced teams based out of our offices’ in Dubai, Los Angeles and Birmingham specialising in the recruitment of professionals across a wide range of sectors including contracting, power, energy, consultancy, architecture, infrastructure, fit-out and mechanical electrical engineering.
maptalent is a partner managed business with staff we consider to be the best in their field. With nearly 80 years combined international recruitment experience maptalent has capacity to provide challenging and successful recruitment solutions.
If you are looking for a position in the Middle East, USA or the UK or you are wanting to find out where maptalent can add value to your recruitment process then get in contact.