Job description / Role
Master Planner (Remote Location Al Ula)
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defense sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programs. Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Detailed planning and development regulation guidelines.
- Land use budgets including population projections.
- Land use developments.
- Infrastructure demand and load calculation.
- Providing a technical role in site planning, land use and design project.
- Providing technical co-ordination of multi-disciplinary planning and urban design team.
- Degree in Urban Planning - Master's degree in Urban Design would be a distinct advantage
- Member of the relevant professional institute.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in large scale masterplans, planning and development regulations, design guidelines, population projections, infrastructure load and demand, and land use budgets.
- Key experience gained in front-end master planning of major development projects in several sectors including large-scale mixed-use commercial, residential, Industrial, tourism and leisure projects, and urban area site layouts.
- Experience of working in the Middle East desirable.
- Ability to speak Arabic is desirable.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Strong customer focus and client care.
- Ability to Influence others.
- Ability to lead planning and site layout components of large-scale master planning projects
- Good graphic design skills with a practical focus on urban design applications and outcomes.
- Competency with AutoCAD, Sketchup, GIS, & Photoshop software.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Transportation alloance
- 22 calendar days annual leave.
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- Company gratuity scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - 24-hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).