Job description / Role
You’re a firm believer in the saying “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”
You know how to move ahead using given resources and produce solid quality. You have no interest in fussing, tinkering, and incurring unnecessary expense. We love your efficiency and your resourceful thinking. When you see that something you’ve been doing has been working as you expected it to, you view that as evidence of its success, and so do we. Please get in touch.
To work within the department of the strategic planning for the Water Distribution Sector ensuring the best utilization for the available budgets and ensure that future project portfolio plans are prepared and updated regularly for the whole sector. In addition to developing the operation processes, procedures and the associated tools and templates for the department in line with the best international practices.
Main Tasks: Participate in the followings:
• Develop and implement the department operation processes and procedure and ensure the staff are adhering to these processes and procedures.
• Develop KPIs in relation to the strategic planning, spending efficiency and budget management. Meanwhile, monitor the performance of the regional clusters based on these KPIs.
• Validate and approve the 5 Years Project Portfolio Plan (5YPPP) and the annual plans in addition to the regular updates for the entire sector plans.
• Communicate the annual Plan to the Procurement and Contracts departments.
• Review and approve the local Master Plans for all the clusters and the consolidated Master plan for the Water distribution Sector.
• Review and approve the projects business cases.
• Define and validate a prioritization Criteria for projects and apply this tool for the 5YPPP.
• Monitor the implementation of Strategic studies and Master plans in all the clusters.
• Lead the coordination with the internal departments, regional clusters and other external governmental authorities including MoF and CSE in developing the 5YPPP and associated budget.
• Develop the required processes for GIS& Data management section.
• Steer the 5YPPP, making changes when necessary to rescue, re-scope, cancel, or introduce new projects.
• Manage surplus and deficit according to pre-set priorities and development plan.
• Prepare regular reports on the progress of the development and implementation of the strategic plans.
• Regular review of the staff performance and develop a training plan for them.
• Identify human resources requirements and develop the business case for hiring, levels of rewards, and promotions for function employees.
• Support is more than a “motto” here. It's the way we function!
In our organization, everyone gives and gets the kind of support that inspires us to perform at our best. When you’re recognized and rewarded for jobs well done… you can open up and look forward to growth and opportunity. We foster a culture of diversity and inclusion, where all people are respected for who they are, appreciated for their skills, and offered access to opportunity. Success is a team effort. Join us.
Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering preferably with master's degree in project management or relevant subject with 12 years experience water/ Wastewater network demand planning and project management.
• Should be able to devise local Master Plans for all the clusters and the consolidated Master plan for the Water distribution Sector.
• Able to strategize planning for the Water Distribution Sector ensuring the best utilization for the available budgets
Our most important resource is your innovative mind
If you’re a pro who’s always thinking of better ways to do things, you’ve found a home. We work smarter by seeking out fresh approaches to every facet of business, from everyday operations to high-level decisions. Our diverse staff hails from a variety of backgrounds, all bringing their valuable perspectives and skills. Here, everyone is included, respected, and offered every opportunity to grow.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Principal Engineer Water & Waste Water Treatment
|Saudi Arabia||21 Jul|
Rider Levett Bucknall
Principal Project Engineer
Senior Civil Design Engineer - Utilities (Design)
SAS Global Consultants