Master Planning / Urban Design Lead
Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking.
Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are looking for a Master Planning / Urban Design Lead to join a major mixed-use development in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Guide the Masterplan development throughout the concept, schematic and detailed stages
* Review and analyze site conditions, urban planning and design, architecture, infrastructure, development controls, and design guidelines
* Review the analysis of land use mix and integration of residential, commercial, and community uses
* Ensure that plans and policies are compliant with government and regulatory requirements (MoMRA, Amana, and LEED)
* Manage a diverse team of engineers (landscape, roads, traffic, infrastructure, smart cities, LEED, sustainability, etc.)
* Represent the client with various stakeholders and local authorities to facilitate masterplan development
* Manage changes in project scopes, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans
* Provide technical advice in the development and execution of the masterplan
* Manage and oversee the inception and development of the required logistics assets and infrastructure
* Manage all necessary engagement with appointed consultants and experts in developing all stages of the development plans
* Ensure streamlined communication, between the planning authorities, client teams, and various stakeholders
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree qualification in Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, or relevant disciplines.
* Minimum 20 years of relevant experience
* Experience in the Middle East is preferred but not essential.
* Excellent leadership skills and ability to delegate and coordinate responsibilities.
* Strong team player with the ability to balance conflicting priorities and take timely decisions.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.