Job description / Role
• Ensure that only specified materials are used in the works.
• Review contract documents, cross reference specifications, bills of quantities and drawings to ensure consistency of material requirements.
• Establish a material schedule for the contract with the contractor covering all materials to be installed in the works.
• Coordinate with the contractor on work priorities and schedules; establish dates when specific materials are required and lead times, therefore determining dates when submissions and approvals are required.
• Establish material submission procedures, which will entail standard forms including sections for comments/endorsements, references to specification clauses, drawings, bill of quantity items, standards, and a manufacturer’ compliance statement.
• Supervise and witness the Contractor’s sampling and testing; while working with the QA/QC Department to identify and rectify any issues that can affect the quality of the Works
• Evaluate materials used in the works to verify suitability; raises Non-Conformance Report (NCR) for the work or materials that need to be re-tested, remedied or removed, as appropriate
• Monitor delivery, storage and handling of materials.
• Highlight any shortcomings of any element of materials from delivery to suitability.
• Prepare Monthly Material Report and ensure that QMS standards are followed for accurate record keeping and retrieval of relevant information/documents.
• Have full awareness of testing requirements as per contractual requirements and applicable stands and specifications; well familiar with main international Codes and Specifications
• Review and contribute to the Contractor Quality Control Plan.
• Plan and coordinate field and testing of Engineering materials, and assist in the development of testing procedures whenever is needed.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering specialty materials
• Minimum (15) years experience in the field of material tests (soil, asphalt and concrete) with the capacity of providing recommendations on the conclusions of the pit tests, and preparation of soil reports.
• Preferred to be fluent in Arabic and English.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
National Marine Dredging Company
Civil Engineer - Infrastructure
|Ras Al Khaimah||1 Apr|
Civil Inspector (Road & Infrastructure)
|Abu Dhabi||31 Mar|
|Ras Al Khaimah||6 May|