Job description / Role
Material Manager - NEOM
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a? Material Manager to join our ongoing projects in NEOM.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Review project documents that include, methodology, quality assurance, control procedures, engineering and construction time schedule.
* Review and provide necessary comments on Contractor's technical submittals such as design, specifications, drawings, calculations, method statements, TPIs, risk assessments etc. for compliance with Employer's Requirements, Authority Requirements, End-User Requirements, Local and International Standards.
* Review and verify concrete mix design and its implementation, selection/recommendation/approval of various materials to be used in construction and repair works.
* Oversee/inspect site construction work in daily basis, witness tests, identify non-compliance to construction documentation, and recommend corrective measures.
* Coordinate on a daily basis with the Team Leader and other team members to verify, document and report the quality issues of work performed by the Contractor and provide/suggest corrective actions.
* Process (review and comment) the incoming correspondence.
* Monitor progress, record, and identify risks and potential delays and provide/suggest solutions.
* Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports (in English) with details of the observed works, quality, progress (fabrication and construction), testing of components, status of materials procurement/delivered to site.
* Ensure high quality of works during the service, strict compliance with the Employer's Requirements, Projects Specifications and HSE Requirements
* Assessment of the Contractor's compliance to the quality management system as specified in the latest applicable standards. Any non-conformity found shall also be reported.
* Evaluate Contractor's personnel, equipment, materials, and subcontractors
* Participate in project construction meetings if required.
* Assist in resolution of construction problems.
* Analyse value engineering proposals.
* Coordinate with other team members.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Have 15 years' industry experience in managing and delivering large construction projects
* Demonstrate effective leadership and high commitment in order to achieve goals
* Familiar with contractual matters related to large infrastructure project
* Have Previous experience in a PMCM (Programme Management, Construction Management) environment?
What's in it for you?
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.