Job description / Role
We are Signify, formerly Philips Lighting.
We’re the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
We are looking for a material planner to join our planning team in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
What you’ll do
• Responsible for component ordering in line with demand plan or factory requirements while optimizing purchasing and on hand component inventory
• Drive root cause analysis and corrective actions on delivery reliability of suppliers – GSRS, lead times (including reduction), order (re-) confirmations to improve component availability.
• Actively drive health of component inventory up by regularly updating/analyzing component stocking strategy.
• Ensure availability of the components necessary to complete customer orders in accordance with established lead time and maintain continuity of production
• Work in close cooperation with Procurement, Product Management and R&D.
• Issue orders for components and control of their execution
• Taking improvement actions in order to ensure the reliability of confirmations of orders and timely deliveries
• Ensure availability risks of components are properly assessed at project milestones.
• Weekly review of availability of components for planned production and drive shortage resolution by e.g. transfers between co-makers, priority settings/allocations, load rebalancing, etc.
• Initiate, implement, and participate in improvement projects to improve supply reliability, lead-times, commonality, and obsolescence for components.
• Maintenance and components inventory control according to the established limits/safety stock parameters
• Execute actions to minimize slow moving and obsoletes costs
• Participation in the phase in / phase out of the components
• Preparing and presenting reports of missing components and threats in a timely supply of components
• Maintaining and updating of documents resulting from the Company adopted the model of quality assurance to ISO 9001 and 14001 and 18001 CRF in its area of operation
What you’ll need
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
• 5+ years of experience in supply & material planning within a manufacturing business model
• Proven knowledge on latest supply chain concepts of the industrial and commercial organization
• Detailed knowledge of the SCM processes & systems
• Experience working with SAP or Oracle ERP systems.
• Knowledge of statistical methods and analytical techniques
• Drive for results and hands on approach
• Proven Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent communication in English.
About the Company
Signify is the new company name of Philips Lighting. We are the world leader in lighting and provide our customers with high-quality, energy-efficient lighting products, systems and services. We turn light sources into points of data to connect more devices, places and people through light, contributing to a safer, more productive and smarter world.
Signify (Euronext: LIGHT) is the world leader in lighting for professionals and consumers and lighting for the Internet of Things. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems and data-enabled services, deliver business value and transform life in homes, buildings and public spaces. With 2019 sales of EUR 6.2 billion, we have approximately 32,000 employees and are present in over 70 countries. We unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. We have been named Industry Leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for three years in a row.