Job description / Role
Atkins are looking for experienced Material Engineer to join our team currently working on multiple projects across varying sectors in our KSA office.
N.B: We are currently pending award on several significant projects. Should we be awarded, this position is key role. Consequently we are keen to speak to individuals in the market place with the experience listed below for such potential future programmes of work.
Preferably with Transferable Iqama or a Saudi National
- Report to the Construction Manager and will be assisted by the Materials Inspectors.
- Be responsible for the quality assurance procedures and the materials inspection and testing procedures.
- Ensure that there are no delays in the approvals and commissioning of the asphalt and concrete plants and that the contractor applies in sufficient time for the renewal permits.
- Review and approve the contractor's quality plans.
- Review and approve the contractor's materials submissions.
- Identify non conforming work and/or materials, maintain records and follow up that corrective action is taken by the contractor and close out each issue.
- Start to prepare the necessary document for the final handover of the project early so that this can be updated as the project progresses
- Review all materials test results.
- Prepare reports.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil / Materials)
- 7+ years of experience in the Quality /Materials in a consulting environment
- Must possess the ability to read and enforce working drawings and related specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent report-writing skills in English
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 26 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 days working)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).