Job description / Role
- Support in developing mechanical Integrity/Quality assurance, reliability, and OSM and PPM programs for YASREF.
- Review and provide input to mechanical engineering design packages for expense and capital projects.
- Review the comments on project's packages related to mechanical during design basis scoping, project proposal and detailed design phases.
- Review new rotating equipment proposals, equipment specifications, documents and drawings.
- Review the design modifications for all types of mechanical equipment including rotating vessels, drums, boilers and turbines etc. (and support systems) of requests approved by the change of management system or project management team.
- Review and proposed recommendations for the mechanical equipment modifications.
- Attend disasters and emergency situations; provide engineering advice and guidance to operations related to mechanical equipment.
- Provide, review and analyze specific key performance indicators on regular basis to identify and recommend improvements.
- Participate in HSE activities (such as plant walk through and emergency drills and related facility audits) as required.
- Review and comment on updated applicable mechanical standards and manuals with agreed upon changes.
- Review and resolve the recommend alternatives for obsolete mechanical equipment replacement.
- Review and agree defined test procedures and objective to be carried out on major mechanical equipment.
- Assist operations and Maintenance in plant commissioning and start up activities ( new Mechanical projects, expense packages, and modifications packages etc.) related to Mechanical Engineering activities.
- Review the performance monitoring program for rotating equipment (including vibration analysis, thermo-graphic surveys, and oil sampling).
- Support Operation and Maintenance during planned and emergency shutdown.
- Provide technical assistance during disaster and emergency situations.
- Resolve emergency situations arising in Operations related to mechanical equipment.
- Review mechanical equipment failure study and trip incident reports and make sound recommendations.
- Assist with reliability maintenance to review the predictive and preventative maintenance plans and procedures for all mechanical equipment including boilers & turbines.
- Review rotating equipment's predicted life and prepare a list of suggestions to extend the life rotating equipment.
- Participate in the investigations of rotating equipment failures, incidents to identify root causes.
- Monitor continues improvement process (the elimination of 'bad actors' in terms of reliability standards in rotating equipment, costs, MTBF and repetitive failures).
- Review on rotating equipment failure data recorded reports defining equipment performance, repeat failures and MTBF.
- Review and comment on risk based maintenance (RBM) and Root cause failure analysis (RCFA) report for the rotating equipment to improve their operating costs.
- Review and comment on rotating equipment maintenance and reliability strategies.
- Prepare a report of investigation listing mechanical short and long term problems which adversely affecting equipment service factor, safety and operating costs.
- Prepare the unit operation plans, and expenditures for unit mid-year/year end for mechanical work.
- Identify, plan and implement work process improvements opportunities.
- Review and update the proposed changes to mechanical standards and manuals.
- Fully comprehend and adhere to relevant safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Technical studies, Documentation and Resolutions
- Engineering Discipline Material, Equipment and Facilities
- Process Improvement and Optimization
- Safety Measures and Standards
- Technical Data Management
- Technical Standards and Regulations
- Inspection, Auditing & Reporting
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
About the Company
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company Ltd., a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and China Petrochemical Corporation ( Sinopec). A world-class, full-conversion refinery that covers about 5.2 million square meters in the Yanbu Industrial City, and is considered to be a key anchor project for the future of Yanbu. YASREF will use 400,000 barrels per day (bpd) of Arabian heavy crude oil to produce premium transportation fuels, as well as high-value refined products for both international and domestic markets. It is scheduled to be operational in Q3 2014.
YASREF signifies the impressive downstream portfolio added to Saudi Aramco, yet building and cementing on the strategic partnership with Sinopec - Saudi Aramco's largest crude oil partner and buyer - Both companies bring commercial and technical expertise to the joint venture to enhance trade of transportation fuels between a significant energy producer and its consumer. In addition, YASREF represents a continuing step forward in the strategies of Saudi Aramco and Sinopec to drive growth further downstream to capture additional value along the hydrocarbon chain.
YASREF was registered in January 2012 with the single purpose to establish, operate, and manage a full conversion-refining complex. YASREF possesses the location advantage to effectively and efficiently supply both international and domestic markets. The products include 90,000 bpd of gasoline, 263,000 bpd of ultra-low sulfur diesel, 6,200 metric tons per day (mtd) of petcoke, 1,200 (mtd) of sulfur, and 140,000 tons per year of benzene. YASREF will process Arabian Heavy crude oil into high-quality refined products that could include future production of Paraxylene and products to support downstream industries.